Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Darnold Ugh
Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
The team could easily compete for a championship next year. With a healthy Cousins and improving defense we had a very good shot this year. 

This team is way way better than a lot of fans realize. If they can get better on defense and keep Cousins, they are right in it. 

Resigning Cousins and drafting his replacement seems so stupidly obvious to me that it’s the right step. It’s as close as you get to a no brainer in the NFL. 

This idea that you will suck for X amount of time in order to magically be a championship team down the road is literally the stupidest thing I read nowadays. It’s pie in the sky, rainbow and unicorns, wish upon a star ridiculous. 

You’re either doing everything you can to win a title every single year, or you’re not worthy of a GM job. I get Kwesi having issues with the injury, but once in awhile, you have to have faith. If you draft that first round QB, you have a fall back plan. It doesn’t get better than that. Many team GM’s wish they were in Kwesi’s shoes as they risk their jobs rolling with the Sam Darnold’s of the wold. 

My faith in Kwesi is plummeting by the day. 
You don't fix that OL and IDL,  you aren't competing for anything IMO.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
The team could easily compete for a championship next year. With a healthy Cousins and improving defense we had a very good shot this year. 

This team is way way better than a lot of fans realize. If they can get better on defense and keep Cousins, they are right in it. 

Resigning Cousins and drafting his replacement seems so stupidly obvious to me that it’s the right step. It’s as close as you get to a no brainer in the NFL. 

This idea that you will suck for X amount of time in order to magically be a championship team down the road is literally the stupidest thing I read nowadays. It’s pie in the sky, rainbow and unicorns, wish upon a star ridiculous. 

You’re either doing everything you can to win a title every single year, or you’re not worthy of a GM job. I get Kwesi having issues with the injury, but once in awhile, you have to have faith. If you draft that first round QB, you have a fall back plan. It doesn’t get better than that. Many team GM’s wish they were in Kwesi’s shoes as they risk their jobs rolling with the Sam Darnold’s of the wold. 

You don’t think our Pat Jones 3 / Tonga / Phillips / Bullard DL is gonna strike fear into the hearts of QBs?

(Guys I’m joking… mostly)

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

They played the Superbowl champs close and beat the runner ups and that was before the defense started to improve. We have a completely different understanding when it comes to where the team is at when healthy. 

Improve that defense and they are competive. There’s free agency and the draft to do that. 

If they let these free agents go, the front office and the fans are hoping for a miracle. Good luck with that. Like I said, if Kwesi isn’t up to the job, they need to move on sooner than later. Not getting a deal done tells me everything I need to know about the guy. He doesn’t have what it takes.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

They played the Superbowl champs close and beat the runner ups and that was before the defense started to improve. We have a completely different understanding when it comes to where the team is at when healthy. 

Improve that defense and they are competive. There’s free agency and the draft to do that. 

If they let these free agents go, the front office and the fans are hoping for a miracle. Good luck with that. Like I said, if Kwesi isn’t up to the job, they need to move on sooner than later. Not getting a deal done tells me everything I need to know about the guy. He doesn’t have what it takes.
With Kirk, Hunter, and a huge signing like Wilkens or another strong DL player, and using the first two picks on starters (IE not a QB) then I think we can be contenders. It’s doable if that’s the direction the team wants to go. Longterm probably not the best plan but if they’re all in they should be all in. Straddling the middle with one eye on the present and one eye towards our beloved 2025 cap space is a recipe for mediocrity in 2024 imo.