Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks, Commanders new coaches
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
The good news is that it sounds like Flores is back with the Vikings. 
Hopefully the early season Flores, and not the last month of the season Flores where we were giving up 30+ a game and couldn't get to the QB
Yes, the late season version of his defense was not very good. Missing Wonnum and Murphy and Blackmon might have played a part as well. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Hopefully the early season Flores, and not the last month of the season Flores where we were giving up 30+ a game and couldn't get to the QB
Yes, the late season version of his defense was not very good. Missing Wonnum and Murphy and Blackmon might have played a part as well. 
Probably, but I still kind of wonder how much of it was teams figuring out what he was doing from early in the year and adjusting. It was something new, inventive, all that stuff early...but not so much late. 

Part of the defensive issues is the team is lacking talent 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Probably, but I still kind of wonder how much of it was teams figuring out what he was doing from early in the year and adjusting. It was something new, inventive, all that stuff early...but not so much late. 
I think that might've played a role as well. I think that's true for all teams, offenses and defenses. For example, when Philly got figured out, they really got figured out. Hopefully, Flores will adjust for '24 and adapt as needed.  

Still, when both Murphy and Blackmon went down, that put Evans at CB1 and he was so bad he was benched in favor of a guy I haven't even heard of. Now your top two corners are 4 and 5. That's probably a challenge not even Flores can overcome.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
I think that might've played a role as well. I think that's true for all teams, offenses and defenses. For example, when Philly got figured out, they really got figured out. Hopefully, Flores will adjust for '24 and adapt as needed.  

Still, when both Murphy and Blackmon went down, that put Evans at CB1 and he was so bad he was benched in favor of a guy I haven't even heard of. Now your top two corners are 4 and 5. That's probably a challenge not even Flores can overcome.  
Again though, all that circles back to the disaster that was the 2022 NFL Draft for the lack of secondary depth and talent. I still almost get nauseous looking at that draft class. Cine, Booth, Ingram, Asamoah, Evans...oy vey! I'm hoping at least Evans can bounce back next season. With that said....no first round corner this year, please!

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
And depth.

Quote: @"Mattyman" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
And depth.

And speed.