Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seahawks, Commanders new coaches

Im lovin’ it.

other coaching additions include the Hamburgler as OC, and Grimace OL

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1753...NvY9npCEEQ&s=19
I hope he takes half of the Cowboys staff with him.

I'm surprised Belichick got shut out. Carrol and Vrabel too. Seems like everyone is going younger (besides the Chargers). Not saying that's unwise, just that it's interesting.
Coaches to players is apples to oranges but I'm starting to think there's a non-zero chance that maybe Kirk's market won't be as robust as we fear. I know Geoff is bullish on Kirk's market so probably just wishful thinking on my part. But if we could get him back for one year, $30M that'd be a huge win and in that event we absolutely will take a QB early. That would be a huge win. Even 2 years, $60M would be okay provided there's not a no-trade clause this time around.
But yeah-- coaches-- it's funny to me that no one seemed to want the Commanders job. I know they have the #2 pick but man, they don't have much else at all over there. Might be a 3 year rebuild which in the NFL is an eternity.

The good news is that it sounds like Flores is back with the Vikings. 

Quote: @pattersaur said:
I'm surprised Belichick got shut out. Carrol and Vrabel too. Seems like everyone is going younger (besides the Chargers). Not saying that's unwise, just that it's interesting.
Coaches to players is apples to oranges but I'm starting to think there's a non-zero chance that maybe Kirk's market won't be as robust as we fear. I know Geoff is bullish on Kirk's market so probably just wishful thinking on my part. But if we could get him back for one year, $30M that'd be a huge win and in that event we absolutely will take a QB early. That would be a huge win. Even 2 years, $60M would be okay provided there's not a no-trade clause this time around.
But yeah-- coaches-- it's funny to me that no one seemed to want the Commanders job. I know they have the #2 pick but man, they don't have much else at all over there. Might be a 3 year rebuild which in the NFL is an eternity.
I'm not. I keep hearing the Belichick is a ginormous asshat to work with. I wonder what Vrabel does now

Quote: @pattersaur said:
It looks like Kirk's market value will be in the 40ish range. Anyone think Kirk is going to undervalue himself ? Who thinks Kirk should take a backseat to QB's including Geno Smith, Kyler Murray, Matt Stafford, Danny Dimes, Derek Carr, Dak Prescott? What do the Bengals and Browns really have in Joe Burrow or DeSean Watson? Baker Mayfield will laugh at 35 million. lol...

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
Hopefully the early season Flores, and not the last month of the season Flores where we were giving up 30+ a game and couldn't get to the QB

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@MaroonBells said:
Hopefully the early season Flores, and not the last month of the season Flores where we were giving up 30+ a game and couldn't get to the QB
I would like to see the time of possession in those games compared to earlier in the season.  especially in the first 2.5-3 quarters of games,  I think sustained offensive drives are more important in the 2nd and 3rd to really keep that D fresh for the 4th quarter and that has always seemed to be an issue for our offenses,  they could start fast,  but then go flat in the middle parts of the game leaving the defense on the field longer,  and then they would come around at the end of games but by then the D is on their heels and gasping for air.