Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading from 12 to 3 etc...
On Nix, he’s definitely a guy you would hope to give at least a year. He doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses, but like most rookies, he’ll have to learn what he can get away with at the NFL level. I forgot to mention the other thing I like about him is how he is against pressure. I haven’t seen his analytics, but going off the tape, I suspect they are impressive. 

Another guy I really like is Drake Maye. Drake reminds me of a Matthew Stafford type of player. A good head on his shoulders, tough, great arm talent, but will make some plays that are almost guaranteed picks at the next level. On these plays he looks like Blake Bortles (with better arm talent however). I suspect a team will have to go through the growing pains with int’s with him, but see many TD’s as well. His 40-50 yard accuracy is just fantastic. 

Watching his tape is fascinating. He makes big time NFL throws regularly and will play lights out. Then out of nowhere he’ll struggle with decision making and throw passes you definitely should never throw trying to get out out of trouble. He too could use time, but again, there’s alot to work with. 

The guy most concerning to me is Caleb Williams.This surprised me as he’s the consensus number one prospect. In his tape, for all of the amazing things he can do (and they are truly amazing), he makes several poor decisions/throws every game that NFL defenses will absolutely feast on. His ball security is also exceptionally poor and he will pay a steep price at the next level unless he fixes that. 

Lastly on Williams, his maturity is a huge concern ala Johnny Manziel. Having the audacity to want ownership in an NFL team is absolutley mind numbingly ridiculous. 

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:
On Nix, he’s definitely a guy you would hope to give at least a year. He doesn’t have a lot of weaknesses, but like most rookies, he’ll have to learn what he can get away with at the NFL level. I forgot to mention the other thing I like about him is how he is against pressure. I haven’t seen his analytics, but going off the tape, I suspect they are impressive. 

Another guy I really like is Drake Maye. Drake reminds me of a Matthew Stafford type of player. A good head on his shoulders, tough, great arm talent, but will make some plays that are almost guaranteed picks at the next level. On these plays he looks like Blake Bortles (with better arm talent however). I suspect a team will have to go through the growing pains with int’s with him, but see many TD’s as well. His 40-50 yard accuracy is just fantastic. 

Watching his tape is fascinating. He makes big time NFL throws regularly and will play lights out. Then out of nowhere he’ll struggle with decision making and throw passes you definitely should never throw trying to get out out of trouble. He too could use time, but again, there’s alot to work with. 

The guy most concerning to me is Caleb Williams.This surprised me as he’s the consensus number one prospect. In his tape, for all of the amazing things he can do (and they are truly amazing), he makes several poor decisions/throws every game that NFL defenses will absolutely feast on. His ball security is also exceptionally poor and he will pay a steep price at the next level unless he fixes that. 

Lastly on Williams, his maturity is a huge concern ala Johnny Manziel. Having the audacity to want ownership in an NFL team is absolutley mind numbingly ridiculous. 
When I first watched Williams I wanted to not like him. It didn't work. He's a magician.

Every one of these guys has flaws and Williams is no different. One is the baggage you refer to. Another is that he's going to change the offense of the team he goes to. If that team tries to turn him into a pocket passer, he could fail. But I think if there's a Patrick Mahomes in this draft it's Williams.

I'm not sure how anyone can watch Caleb Williams video and not see a supreme talent, the best in this year's class. Drake Maye would worry the shit out of me, I just continue to not be sold on this kid.

Quote: @"Havoc1649" said:

I totally agree on Williams. If I had the first pick it would not be him.

This would be an awesome thread to come back to in about 4 years...

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
This would be an awesome thread to come back to in about 4 years...
LOL. They all are. 

Quote: @"FLVike" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:

I totally agree on Williams. If I had the first pick it would not be him.
I watched Williams 2 or 3 times this year,  never felt like i was watching a heisman candidate or a future #1 draft pick,  he was good but not great,  but I only watched him 2 or 3 times,  he did win the heisman and he is likely #1 so there must be more to him than I saw against Notre Dame and Washington.  strikes me as a kid that really wants to win bad,  and tries to hard to make it happen at times and as a result makes bad decisions or misses plays as he runs around.  but if the brain trust decided he was their target and went after him, I wouldnt be mad unless they got really stupid, especially within the division.