Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bears secure 1st overall pick in draft
Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
The Vikings currently sit with the 12th pick. The highest we could move up would be 9th if we lose to Detroit and the Falcons, Bears, and Raiders all win.
I'd take 9th as a reward for my suffering this year, I think it'll be #11 though:

Lions should beat Vikings (unless they rest everyone)
Falcons @ Saints 
Bears should lose @ GB
Raiders host Bronco's 

Bears have won 4 of their last 5 with their only loss being at Cleveland by a field goal. I could see them beating Green Bay. 

Yeah 9th pick would be nice. Puts us in a little better striking distance to move up 
Are ya'll just watching Fields highlights? Cuz he sure looks good in highlights. Yes, the Bears lost to Cleveland by just a field goal. In that game, Fields was 19 of 40 for 166 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs for a passer rating of 46.5. 

He's had 3 full seasons to develop and he's still averaging less than 1 TD per game--13 TDs per season. That's not awesome. To compare, in his last three full seasons, the QB many want the Vikings to move on from, has averaged 33 TDs per season and a 102 passer rating. 

Some Bears fans like Fields because he does things that Trubisky, Grossman and McNown could never do, which is true. But at the end of the day, he's just not consistent. He's a below average passer and I'd be surprised (but delighted) if the Bears stick with him. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
The Vikings currently sit with the 12th pick. The highest we could move up would be 9th if we lose to Detroit and the Falcons, Bears, and Raiders all win.
I'd take 9th as a reward for my suffering this year, I think it'll be #11 though:

Falcons @ Saints 
Bears should lose @ GB
Raiders host Bronco's 

Bears have won 4 of their last 5 with their only loss being at Cleveland by a field goal. I could see them beating Green Bay. 

Yeah 9th pick would be nice. Puts us in a little better striking distance to move up 
Are ya'll just watching Fields highlights? Cuz he sure looks good in highlights. Yes, the Bears lost to Cleveland by just a field goal. In that game, Fields was 19 of 40 for 166 yards, 1 TD, 2 INTs for a passer rating of 46.5. 

He's had 3 full seasons to develop and he's still averaging less than 1 TD per game--13 TDs per season. That's not awesome. To compare, in his last three full seasons, the QB many want the Vikings to move on from, has averaged 33 TDs per season and a 102 passer rating. 

Some Bears fans like Fields because he does things that Trubisky, Grossman and McNown could never do, which is true. But at the end of the day, he's just not consistent. He's a below average passer and I'd be surprised (but delighted) if the Bears stick with him. 
I think the temptation to draft Williams will likely be too high for them to ignore but to me it’s a tough decision.

Fields’ numbers aren’t great but like you said, the highlights are good. 

DJ Moore is having a fantastic season and Cole Kmet is having a good one.

Swap those two for JJ, Hockenson, Addison, a better OL, and KO coaching instead of Everflus and Getsy (a defensive HC and an OC who’s on the hot seat), and I can make an upside case. He’s still very young, too. Last note is I think his mobility and tendencies would mesh well with KO’s longer developing pass play designs. With the right cast around him he could be an early days Russell Wilson in my eyes.

I could be very wrong and I don’t think CHI would trade him to us, but if they would I think he’d play really well here. 

EDIT- To add, if the Bears care about “doing right” by Fields while they Baker Mayfield him/show him the door, I bet MIN would be very high up on his list of expected suitors to go to.

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Falcons @ Saints 
Bears should lose @ GB
Raiders host Bronco's 

I think the temptation to draft Williams will likely be too high for them to ignore but to me it’s a tough decision.

Swap those two for JJ, Hockenson, Addison, a better OL, and KO coaching instead of Everflus and Getsy (a defensive HC and an OC who’s on the hot seat), and I can make an upside case. He’s still very young, too. Last note is I think his mobility and tendencies would mesh well with KO’s longer developing pass play designs. With the right cast around him he could be an early days Russell Wilson in my eyes.

I could be very wrong and I don’t think CHI would trade him to us, but if they would I think he’d play really well here. 
I would give #44 to da bears for Fields in a hearbeat.  

@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Falcons @ Saints 
Bears should lose @ GB
Raiders host Bronco's 

EDIT- To add, if the Bears care about “doing right” by Fields while they Baker Mayfield him/show him the door, I bet MIN would be very high up on his list of expected suitors to go to.
I wouldn't hate it. I think Fields is probably above the line among those QBs who can win a Super Bowl provided their surround is very good. But I know a better way: Sign Kirk Cousins. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
So i guess Fields is now on the market

I;m not convinced the Bears have closure on that yet...
Crowd was chanting "We want Fields" at the end of the game. Bears have a tough decision to make, but options are good 
Yep they’re options look great. If they keep Fields and trade out of #1, they’ll have 3 firsts this year, multiple 2nds+, and multiple firsts+ next year. They could really reload that roster.  Heck if things fall right they could trade back multiple times and have 4 FRPs this year. 
If i was them Id trade out again and keep bringing in superior talent. Try for 3x firsts.  
They should call the Panthers and see if they are interested in moving up to the first pick

@"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"Vanguard83" said:
So i guess Fields is now on the market

I;m not convinced the Bears have closure on that yet...
Crowd was chanting "We want Fields" at the end of the game. Bears have a tough decision to make, but options are good 
Yep they’re options look great. If they keep Fields and trade out of #1, they’ll have 3 firsts this year, multiple 2nds+, and multiple firsts+ next year. They could really reload that roster.  Heck if things fall right they could trade back multiple times and have 4 FRPs this year. 
But they still won't have a QB. 
They could still get one
Yeah they either have Fields who’s playing really well since he came back from his injury, or they trade away #1, get a massive haul, and enter the Daniels/Nix/JJM sweepstakes we find ourselves in. And trade Fields for an extra 2/3.

And they’re 7/9 right now. I could see them making a big leap before next season, unfortunately. 
Just a little clarification on this "Killing" Fields post-injury....

https://twitter.com/Pack_Daddy/status/17...37276?s=20

It's a tough call. He's only 24, has improved every year, is certainly capable of being a dynamic playmaker...but does he win enough from the pocket to make you believe he can be an elite QB and the Bears have to make that decision this offseason. They have not surrounded him with anything close to NFL talent until this last offseason where they added some offensive lineman and DJ Moore. They've won four out of five games since he's returned from injury and the team seems to generally rally around him. It's a tough call, and having options is always great, but I'm kind of glad its not the Vikings having to make a decision like this.

One team to watch as it relates to Fields is the Steelers, who I read inquired about him at the trade deadline. I could see that working out if the Bears did elect to trade him. There's just no way in hell the Bears are trading him within the division to a rival even if they had to take a little less in compensation.