Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icing on the Cake
Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
This trade has worked for the Vikings. 
Remember the freakout angst on the board from some? You'd have thought the guy was the next Randy Moss. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Remember the freakout angst on the board from some? You'd have thought the guy was the next Randy Moss. 
Yes, and it continues. Jameson Williams is a flat bust. There's no more doubt about that now. I wouldn't quite call Christian Watson a bust, but he's been a huge disappointment for the Packers. 

And now suddenly the 2022 Vikings draft doesn't look as bad as it once did. Cine might be a bust, but Evans and Ingram are playing well. Booth has been flashing. Ty Chandler is showing the kind of speed we haven't seen since Robert Smith. And I think Jalen Nailor is our WR3 next year.  

Yes it's a big crop of draftable quarterbacks but it's important to remember that most will not be superstars.  There isn't anyone in the class that's a guaranteed Elway-style lock from what I've heard, though I won't do my own homework until after the season ends.

Caleb Williams I think is likely a lock to be a franchise QB. He is special. The only issue at this time is convincing him he does not need to be superman on every play. He has some  Josh Allen in him. But he makes crazy plays every single game. 

Quote: @"dadevike" said:
Caleb Williams I think is likely a lock to be a franchise QB. He is special. The only issue at this time is convincing him he does not need to be superman on every play. He has some  Josh Allen in him. But he makes crazy plays every single game. 
Unfortunately, after my extensive scouting (only Notre Dame game) he looks like a bust Smile

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"dadevike" said:
Unfortunately, after my extensive scouting (only Notre Dame game) he looks like a bust Smile
Yeah that was a disaster. I'm blocking that from my conscience. (I hate USC but I can't deny what I see every week. So happy USC's defense sucks balls.)

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"dadevike" said:
That was certainly my favorite game to scout lol. Regardless of what else Notre Dame has done this season, I was thrilled for them to take Williams and the rest of the condoms behind the woodshed and kick his ass after last season and painting "F*** ND" on his nails. No Caleb....F you and your fancy nails. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Yes, and it continues. Jameson Williams is a flat bust. There's no more doubt about that now. I wouldn't quite call Christian Watson a bust, but he's been a huge disappointment for the Packers. 

And now suddenly the 2022 Vikings draft doesn't look as bad as it once did. Cine might be a bust, but Evans and Ingram are playing well. Booth has been flashing. Ty Chandler is showing the kind of speed we haven't seen since Robert Smith. And I think Jalen Nailor is our WR3 next year.  
I wouldn't call Williams a bust yet. The barometer has always been that it takes a year to get reaclimated and round into form after coming back from a major knee injury and last year was a recovery year. If he is still non-impactful next season then it's fair to call him a bust. Same as Cine who there will be no more excuses for with Harrison Smith likely moving on.