Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Icing on the Cake
Green Bay implosion!!

Packers coach Matt LaFleur wasn't happy with Aaron Jones' decision to stay in boundsLaFleur was asked about Jordan Love's performance in the potential game-winning drive. He went straight to the costly play by Jones.
"I thought there was an opportunity to get out of bounds right there, and we didn't. That was critical because that wasted a ton of time. We would've had a couple of opportunities at the end of the game. That was like 20 seconds or so. It felt like forever," said LaFleur.
Although he's right, it was still surprising to hear LaFleur go after Jones in the press conference. While he didn't actually blame him, instead saying "we" didn't get out of bounds, he's calling out his running back. It was Jones' mistake.
And LaFleur brought it up again later in the press conference when discussing the final drive.
"Our guys got up on the ball in a timely fashion, with some urgency, but I really think the play that really hurt us obviously was wasting so much time when we checked it down to Aaron Jones," said LaFleur.
LaFleur isn't wrong. Everything has to go perfectly when you have less than a minute with no timeouts. Clock management is priority number one. That means understanding when to fight for yards and when to get out of bounds. In that situation, the latter is almost always the best option. Jones' only way to pick up yards was to make a defender miss, which he couldn't.
The Packers will take positives from this performance. They finally started fast, and Jordan Love made a bunch of impressive plays. But they will regret some costly decisions, including Jones' mistake on the final drive.

I wish Green Bay an 8/9 season...

In perpetuity. 

Love it. Its tough to win games in the NFL when you are inconsistent as a team. And although Jordan Love isn't garbage, he's never going to be great either. He's mid. And he throws untimely INTs. 

I never thought LaFleur was a great coach. I thought Mike McCarthy was better. 

[Image: 1dy5voe60tk7.gif]

We need the packers to win a few more here though.  This 2-3 wins thing isn't enough.  That and Love has to show just enough to remain QB1 for them next year. 

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
We need the packers to win a few more here though.  This 2-3 wins thing isn't enough.  That and Love has to show just enough to remain QB1 for them next year. 
I am 100% with you.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
my thoughts exactly,  with the crop of promising young QBs coming out next spring, I really dont want them in position to land a solid replacement for Love.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
my thoughts exactly,  with the crop of promising young QBs coming out next spring, I really dont want them in position to land a solid replacement for Love.
My thoughts as well. Same for Fields in Chicago. 

I'll be pulling for the fudge Thanksgiving day.

Packer fans have gotten spoiled with Favre and then Rodgers, hell many of them aren't old enough to remember the days of the terrible quarterbacks to wear the Packer uniforms.  They deserve Love and the inconsistence quarterback play.  I wish them many crappy seasons going forward just because I'm a Viking fan.