Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"hpertrain" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"medaille" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Bad officiating can be bad officiating without being part of some ridiculous conspiracy theory.
Yes. And do sometimes stars/teams get some calls? I won't discount it. If you hadn't brushed your teeth well enough and Tom Brady got a whiff, you'd get a penalty. But conspiracy? Too much to lose. 
What would be the logical non-conspiracy reason why “stars/teams
get the calls”?  Are the refs just too
star-struck to be objective?

I don't know if they're star struck, possibly, probably, but celebrity QBs do seem to get more calls. It's not a conspiracy. It's just humans being human. I think one day human refs will be eliminated from the game. 
I guess you’re going to have to explain to me how “humans being
human” leads to “stars” and the “storyline teams” getting more beneficial
calls for me to think that is any more plausible than they’re choosing to make calls
because they are biased. 

Because bias, more often than not, is unwitting. You don't know you're doing it. And even if it is occasionally intentional on the part of some refs who might love them some Favre, Brady, Mahomes, etc., that's a LONG ways from the kind of organized, concerted effort by a group of refs that would be required to satisfy the definition of "conspiracy." 

I can’t go as far as “conspiracy “ but I’ve seen the bias.  I played basketball in the ACC and with MJ, James, we got calls.  Then I saw Duke get questionable calls.  Trust me money goes a long way.     Is Mahomes good? Of course he is. No conspiracy. Kelce? Of course. But they are the darlings of the money machine NFL. When is the last time you haven’t watched a Patrick Mahomes and lo and behold a football game broke out.   Mahomes is the face.  Kelce “dating”Taylor Swift.   Gotta keep it rolling.   Not a conspiracy but some of the questionable calls are not so subtle. 
It's not a conspiracy, that's my only point. But I would certainly agree that bias plays a role.

Not to relive the misery, but even non-Viking fans noticed. This guy breaks down the 4th down play pretty well. I don't agree with the roughing the passer, but the other two are pretty blatant non-calls IMO. 

https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1...69202?s=20

Well, the anti-rigged people might have a difficult time with this.

Seriously, if anything looked rigged, it was how Minnesota kept finding ways to pull wins out of their asses last year. I saw the same stuff from opposing teams' fans with holding calls not flagged by refs, etc. saying the NFL must have made it "Minnesota's year". Riiiight.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
Seriously, if anything looked rigged, it was how Minnesota kept finding ways to pull wins out of their asses last year. I saw the same stuff from opposing teams' fans with holding calls not flagged by refs, etc. saying the NFL must have made it "Minnesota's year". Riiiight.

But, we would need 19 more years like 2022 just to get even.

Someone following the Vikings-Packers matchups over the past couple of decades, will have witnessed many questionable calls/non calls going for the Packers. One game I vaguely remember, mid-2000, the Vikings either were leading or tied goiing into the fourth quarter, by the end of the game the Vikings had lost. I believed they were penalized around 10 times in that quarter with many of the calls being questionable.

Also, if I recall correctly not too long ago,  the Packers were the only team in the NFL to get away with blocking a certain way because thier o-line coach was there prior to some rule change, and the team had always blocked that way.  The other teams had to adjust while the Packers were allowed to carry on or something like that. It was ridiculous.

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
As long as you're not talking about the Colts game. If I hear one more person say the VIKINGS were the team that got lucky in that game, I'm going to freaking lose it. 

@"StickyBun" said:
As long as you're not talking about the Colts game. If I hear one more person say the VIKINGS were the team that got lucky in that game, I'm going to freaking lose it. 
The Vikings were lucky that game.  :p

Lucky the colts played so poorly in the 2nd half.

@"StickyBun" said:

Agreed! We had two legit fumble returns for TD's incorrectly ruled and taken off the board.