Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe these are the "real fans" I hear so much about.
Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
There should be a disclaimer added to the first amendment that reads, “Just because you can say it doesn’t mean you should say it, so use your brain if you have one.”

…though I imagine that those who do not heed the warning would confidently claim that they, indeed, do not have a brain…thus removing all doubt as to why they chose to say what they did in the first place. Funny how things circle back around like that Wink

FWIW, these folks remove all doubt about said brain absence when they choose to hide behind a keyboard and flame others online. 
there used to be things that helped keep people from making statements like that, it was called decency and  justice,  unfortunately the law and politicians got involved and now things the help instill decency are fading fast,  and those handing out justice get treated worse than the criminals and pieces of shit that are hiding behind the bastardized interpretations of the constitution.

our society needs an enema.
Enema, purge, backhanding of common sense....all of the above. I've never seen society as whole so bad. I just saw a video of two 17 year olds deliberately hitting and killing a bicyclist with their car in Las Vegas. The bicyclist happened to be a 64 year old retired Police Chief just out for a morning ride. Decency has fallen by the wayside in the name of liberalism, the decentigration of families, and Charmin soft punishment on crime. You want to fix society...how about we start there 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"prairieghost" said:
There should be a disclaimer added to the first amendment that reads, “Just because you can say it doesn’t mean you should say it, so use your brain if you have one.”

…though I imagine that those who do not heed the warning would confidently claim that they, indeed, do not have a brain…thus removing all doubt as to why they chose to say what they did in the first place. Funny how things circle back around like that Wink

FWIW, these folks remove all doubt about said brain absence when they choose to hide behind a keyboard and flame others online. 
there used to be things that helped keep people from making statements like that, it was called decency and  justice,  unfortunately the law and politicians got involved and now things the help instill decency are fading fast,  and those handing out justice get treated worse than the criminals and pieces of shit that are hiding behind the bastardized interpretations of the constitution.

our society needs an enema.
It was also proximity.  Some dude living in a basement was ignored by the 2 people he would see face to face during the year.  Now he has followers and can speak to people he would never get near.

Any person with a reasonably large amount of fame has to deal with this type of behavior.  It's simply the product of a small percentage of shitheads all getting to share their opinions towards a small handful of people because technology makes it super easy to communicate now.

Like if 1% of people do this shit, that's 3.3 million people out there spreading hate amongst the much smaller pool of even minor celebrities.

Quote: @"medaille" said:
Any person with a reasonably large amount of fame has to deal with this type of behavior.  It's simply the product of a small percentage of shitheads all getting to share their opinions towards a small handful of people because technology makes it super easy to communicate now.

Like if 1% of people do this shit, that's 3.3 million people out there spreading hate amongst the much smaller pool of even minor celebrities.

And they find each other, I have heard it said there are no more Lone Wolves.

Quote: @"prairieghost" said:

Freedom of speach doesn’t mean freedom to say anything to anyone. Its the freedom of speech with respects of our government. 

Im very ok with businesses restricting what their employees say on behalf of their business or what you say to your fellow people. 

Bad fathers, no fathers, gang cultures, corrupt govt officials setting terrible examples, poverty, addiction, poor education for too many kids...

It's never been easy rearing well adjusted youth who become well adjusted adults. But I think its gotten harder over the generations.