Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings vs Philly game thread
Quote: @"kmillard" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Also, I think Flores's defense is what was sold to us this offseason, but we just don't have the talent and horses up front..
That was my fear all along.
Yea our weakness's before the season were sold as: 

1 IOL sold continuity 
2- front 7 on Def sold Flores

Only 2 games in but not looking good at all

The goalline fumble rule stinks. The fumbling team should get the ball back at the 25 IMO, not the defending team. That’s still a strong punishment for fumbling, but not a game-changing one. Alternatively, the defending team should get the ball at the 1 where the fumble occurred. That’s even more punishing but at least your own defense has a chance to pin them back. The way it’s written now is just overly punitive.

I think the defensive game plan was solid. The Eagles have the best run blocking offensive line in football, but even at that you make them go down the entire field and play situational football. We took away Hurts and the downfield passing game that killed us last year. Outside of the blown coverage on the Smith TD we held up in pass defense and you take away the field position given up on turnovers and we win that game. It's pick your poison with the Eagles and I think we made the right choice, unfortunately the turnovers on offense were once again the story of the game.