Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Addison
Addison's role to expand...So, 2 Touchdowns this week, right on…!!! Wink  B)

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
Addison's role to expand...
So, 2 Touchdowns this week, right on…!!! Wink  B)
At least he got another one!

I think the Vikes found the #2 WR they hoped to nab when Kwesi dafted him.  Just two games in and he's already looking like a very good NFL WR.

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Kentis" said:

I think the Vikes found the #2 WR they hoped to nab when Kwesi dafted him.  Just two games in and he's already looking like a very good NFL WR.
I'd like to see him get even more involved. I already trust him more than KJ. Coming in I just wanted to see him at least replace Thielens production so there wasn't a drop off in the passing game and he has done that so far 

Quote: @"HappyViking" said:
@"Kentis" said:

Yes, looking like Kwesi best pick to date.  I like to be honest and go back to the draft and I was a little iffy on Addison mostly because of his size and injury status.  I was very keen on looking for our QB of the future and liked Levis when he fell.  But I trust the Vikings with inside knowledge on Levis to pass.

I would like to see how he handles working the middle of the field,  so far we've seen that he can get behind defenses and work the sideline,  but AT and KJ really opened things up for JJ by taking some of that underneath stuff to force defenses to stay honest and not just smother JJ.  but so far hes pacing the eye test, which is all that really matters IMO.

Vikings rookie receiver Jordan Addison made himself very clear last week heading into Thursday’s primetime game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
“Whoever lines up in front of me, I’ve got to make sure I win that matchup,” he said. “That’s how I look at it. It’s simple. Just beat the guy in front of me.”
And that’s exactly what he did.
He finished with three receptions for 72 yards and a touchdown, proving once again to be a deep threat for quarterback Kirk CousinS.
After getting loose for a 39-yard touchdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the season opener, Addison followed it up with a 62-yard touchdown catch against the Eagles. His ability to get behind the defense with his explosiveness on both occasions is what stood out to head coach Kevin O’Connell.
After getting loose for a 39-yard touchdown against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the season opener, Addison followed it up with a 62-yard touchdown catch against the Eagles. His ability to get behind the defense with his explosiveness on both occasions is what stood out to head coach Kevin O’Connell.

“Just continues to show up,” O’Connell said. “He’s growing every single time he steps on the grass in our offense.”
That growth has impressed Cousins, too, as has the way Addison refuses to be denied in space.
The scoring play from Thursday’s game was a perfect example of that as Addison cooked his defender on a backside post, tracked down the ball in the air, then shook off a tackle on his way into the end zone. That effort ensured that the Vikings scored a touchdown instead of potentially having to settle for a field goal — or worse, no points at all.
“That was the first thing I said to him when he came off the field,” Cousins said. “I put my arm around him and I said, ‘The finish is what I love.’ ”
The play design on that touchdown from Addison was a thing of beauty. Allow the mastermind to explain.
“We’ve run that concept before front side where we are really simulating that we’re going to throw a quick screen out there trying to get the defense to engage,” O’Connell said while noting that star receiver Justin Jefferson often attracts a double team and sometimes even a triple team to free up the other receivers. “So putting Jordan on the backside allowed Kirk to kind of simulate that to see if we can get defenders to engage.”
It worked like a charm as Jefferson magnetized a couple of defenders on the quick screen, while tight end T.J. Hockenson got some attention on a seam route. That left Addison singled up with Eagles cornerback Josh Jobe on the backside, and he lost him downfield with a subtle move in space.
The fact that Addison was able to create so much separation didn’t surprise Cousins.
“You watch his tape from college, he’s catching post routes for Pitt, he’s catching post routes for USC,” Cousins said. “He’s good at it. When he first got here, I told him I watched his tape and that was what I saw, and he said, ‘That’s my favorite route.’ He’s a very natural receiver, and that’s going to show up in the way he runs routes, the way he catches the football and the way he makes plays.
https://www.twincities.com/2023/09/17/vikings-rookie-jordan-addison-loves-to-run-a-post-route-fittingly-he-scored-a-touchdown-on-it/

Addison's hot startReceiver Jordan Addison became the first Vikings rookie since Percy Harvin in 2009 to start his career with a touchdown catch in his first two NFL games.
"Both of his touchdowns now have come on looks where he's able to get behind the defense with his explosiveness," O'Connell said after Thursday night's loss. "But then he's also catching some balls underneath, he's catching and running. … He just continues to show up."
Addison, the first-round pick, has been a deep target for Cousins, ranking second on the team with 133 receiving yards on only seven catches. His 62-yard touchdown in Philadelphia came after Cousins faked a screen to Justin Jeffersonwhile Addison went deep on the other side of the field. Jefferson leads all Vikings receivers with 309 yards.
"I liked that call in that moment," O'Connell said Friday, "because … sometimes three defenders are responsible for Justin."
https://www.startribune.com/dalton-risner-minnesota-vikings-expected-to-sign-nfl/600305602/