Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed F#$%ing Ingram
Think I may have found part of the problem: “I thought I played pretty well. I had some slight mistakes but other than that I liked my performance,” Ingram said in a locker room interview.
So maybe our coaches just need to tell him he sucks, yeah that’s the ticket…!  Wink Confused  

Quote: @Kentis said:
Think I may have found part of the problem: “I thought I played pretty well. I had some slight mistakes but other than that I liked my performance,” Ingram said in a locker room interview.
So maybe our coaches just need to tell him he sucks, yeah that’s the ticket…!  Wink Confused  
He must have been speaking from a Tampa Bay point of view.

Quote: @Kentis said:
I don't hold the fumble against him. And he played OK in a majority of snaps. And while he got physically beaten several times last year, I didn't see that against Tampa. But here's the problem. He still seems utterly clueless on stunts. Almost always late to see it. 

Either way, this was an odd thing to say. It suggests a cluelessness in the locker room that nearly matches his cluelessness on the field. No matter how you think you performed, you have to be humble and say you need to play better. It's PR 101 and he really should know better. 

The Vikings offensive line allowed five quarterback hits and 12 pressures. Ingram, coming off a rookie year where he allowed the most pressures in the league, posted a 40.3 Pro Football Focus (PFF) pass-blocking grade that ranked 58th among guards who played in Week 1.
He allowed a sack, a quarterback hit and two hurries for a team-high four pressures total. He also played a hand  — quite literally – in one of the Vikings’ fumbles where he clubbed the ball out of Cousins’ hands during the snap.
Ingram admitted he was frustrated by the play he called a “freak accident.” Kevin O’Connell concurred with the second-year guard.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:
I don't hold the fumble against him. And he played OK in a majority of snaps. And while he got physically beaten several times last year, I didn't see that against Tampa. But here's the problem. He still seems utterly clueless on stunts. Almost always late to see it. 

Either way, this was an odd thing to say. It suggests a cluelessness in the locker room that nearly matches his cluelessness on the field. No matter how you think you performed, you have to be humble and say you need to play better. It's PR 101 and he really should know better. 

its almost like our interior OL is being coached to heavy to double team block,  they always follow their blocker to the next man and stick with him,  allowing a huge lane for a stunting lineman or delayed blitzer to come running through untouched at kirk.  this happens way to often to not be part of the way they are being coached.  they need to learn to hand off that rusher and get back into a lane sooner,  instead of looking for that  double team kill shot.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:

its almost like our interior OL is being coached to heavy to double team block,  they always follow their blocker to the next man and stick with him,  allowing a huge lane for a stunting lineman or delayed blitzer to come running through untouched at kirk.  this happens way to often to not be part of the way they are being coached.  they need to learn to hand off that rusher and get back into a lane sooner,  instead of looking for that  double team kill shot.
KOC mentioned some new protection schemes. You could really see it in how they flowed to one side or another, bunching up most of the pass rush. But there was always some free runner either looping around the stack or coming in from the side. 

I think this protection scheme has a chance of working better against the Eagles, since they rarely blitz. Now, obviously I'm not saying they will handle the NFL's best Dl. Far from it. It's just going to be different I think.

Unless of course the Eagles take a page from Tampa's game plan and blitz the shit out of us. Either way, it could be a long night.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Kentis said:

KOC mentioned some new protection schemes. You could really see it in how they flowed to one side or another, bunching up most of the pass rush. But there was always some free runner either looping around the stack or coming in from the side. 

I think this protection scheme has a chance of working better against the Eagles, since they rarely blitz. Now, obviously I'm not saying they will handle the NFL's best Dl. Far from it. It's just going to be different I think.

Unless of course the Eagles take a page from Tampa's game plan and blitz the shit out of us. Either way, it could be a long night.
It's not even the blitz that has killed us,  the twists and stunts by teams front down linemen crate the same free runner in many instances the last couple years.  Our interior OL just has to quit leaving that opening in front of Kirk.  They need to get stronger so they don't require double team blocks to accomplish their goals.

Aggregated pass protection measures from 3 sources.

Honestly this mostly checks out, though the ratings for PIT are all over the place.

The teams with 100 in the "SIS" column are teams with zero charted blown blocks

(BUF/NYJ not shown bc no data yet)

[Image: gjzz9eaw0cte.jpeg]

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Greylock said:
@minny65 said:
@Greylock said:
At this point Ingram does not look like a starting caliber guard, not to say he wont develop into one but at this point is Risner really the answer?  If he is why hasn't he been signed?  Money, scheme fit, attitude I mean his former offensive line coaches from the Broncos are now employed by the Vikings yet he visited and left without a contract.  Maybe that should be a warning sign he is not worth what he may be asking for.  Oh and if he does sign and has a crappy game the Kwesi haters will be on here full force saying what a shitty signing he was.
A crappy game based on Ingram's crappy string of games or a crappy game based on an average starting Guard?  So you prefer to just sit and watch crappiness and not address a glaring weakness because another guy might also have a crappy game or two?  Risner's worst PFF grades are better than Ingrams best especially as a pass blocker which is where our interior is getting Kirk crushed and eventually hurt.  
So why hasn't he been signed by any team in the entire league?  If he is the answer to a porous line you think he would be on speed dial, yet his former coaches from the Broncos have even passed on him.  Makes you wonder maybe he isn't worth what ever he is asking for.
IDK what the other bottom Guards teams are thinking - I do know that Ingram continues to be a bottom of the heap Guard and Risner is an huge upgrade in pass protection specifically.  Didn't he have some words with one of the Broncos coaches in terms of Wilson?  Maybe that has something to do with it..again IDK.  I also don't know if he is asking for too much or too long of a contract.  But all the unknowns and I don't want us to just assume things like Ingram is going to improve or that Risner is not worth another phone call/looksee.   
Sweet, he was on speed dial a couple weeks late Smile