Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around the NFL
Quote: @"Greylock" said:
@"comet52" said:
I watched all of Packers Bears and Niners Steelers.  The end of Chargers Dolphins.  Some Indy/Jags and Giants Dallas, which was easily the worst game of the day.

The Bears D is putrid, and Fields is who I thought he was when he was drafted-lacks the processor for this level.  Three years in he's still locking in one read then taking off on the run.  He's a phenomenal athlete but not an NFL caliber QB.

Jordan Love's comp is maybe a less accurate Ryan Tannehill.

Brock Purdy is going to kill any remaining notions that the Niners will pursue Kirk.  He isn't a star but he can do the job competently.  Kenny Pickett otoh does not look very good, often missing wide open targets in the intermediate pass game.

The Colts got shafted.  I'm biased because I bet on them.

Do not bet on the Chargers (thankfully I didn't) because Brandon Staley is still a shitty head coach.  Their play at the end when they needed to drive for a winning f.g. in the last two minutes was as pathetic a series as I've ever seen.

Giants .. wtf was that?  You feel bad about our loss to Tampa, well remember it could be worse! :p
Is the hype train leaving the station on Jordan Love.  He beat the lowly Bears but it seems like a lot of the media talking heads are predicting the Packers have hit on another savior at quarterback.  
I thought Love looked pretty good and he was without Watson.  The Packers Defense is legit.  The Bears OL looks worse than last season which is supposed to be Ryan Poles area of expertise.  Bears are easily cellar dwellers again.  

@"comet52" said:
I watched all of Packers Bears and Niners Steelers.  The end of Chargers Dolphins.  Some Indy/Jags and Giants Dallas, which was easily the worst game of the day.

The Bears D is putrid, and Fields is who I thought he was when he was drafted-lacks the processor for this level.  Three years in he's still locking in one read then taking off on the run.  He's a phenomenal athlete but not an NFL caliber QB.

Brock Purdy is going to kill any remaining notions that the Niners will pursue Kirk.  He isn't a star but he can do the job competently.  Kenny Pickett otoh does not look very good, often missing wide open targets in the intermediate pass game.

Do not bet on the Chargers (thankfully I didn't) because Brandon Staley is still a shitty head coach.  Their play at the end when they needed to drive for a winning f.g. in the last two minutes was as pathetic a series as I've ever seen.

Giants .. wtf was that?  You feel bad about our loss to Tampa, well remember it could be worse! :p
Is the hype train leaving the station on Jordan Love.  He beat the lowly Bears but it seems like a lot of the media talking heads are predicting the Packers have hit on another savior at quarterback.  
Not seeing a savior.  Just a guy.

@"comet52" said:

They want so badly for the Packers to get another hit, time will tell 

10 road teams won, go figure…  Confused 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"Greylock" said:
@"comet52" said:

They want so badly for the Packers to get another hit, time will tell 
Totally. Love had good moments and bad. Accuracy is still going to be an issue. But crown him if you must....happens every year.

A lot of 1st rounders here. A lot of enormous salaries.

Josh Allen 236 yards 1 TD, 3 INT, 62.7 rating 
Kenny Pickett 232 yards 1 TD, 2 INT, 68.4 rating
Deshaun Watson 154 yards 1 TD, 1 INT, 67.3 rating
Lamar Jackson 169 yards 0 TD, 1 INT, 79.6 rating
Joe Burrow 82 yards 0 TD, 0 INT, 52.2 rating
Daniel Jones 104 yards 0 TD, 2 INT, 34.2 rating
Bryce Young 146 yards 1 TD, 2 INT, 48.8 rating
Dak Prescott 143 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 72 rating

And just fyi:
Kirk Cousins 344 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT, 102.8 rating