Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Around the NFL
What the hell happened to the Bengals? Probably the most frequent Super Bowl prediction after the Chiefs and they lose 24-3 to the Browns? After becoming the highest paid NFL player in history, Burrow threw for 82 yards and was benched. Jesus. 

Packers and Jordan Love were impressive. But against the Bears, and Justin Fields who doesn't look any better. Eagles weren't very impressive in their win over the Pats. But they won and that's all that matters.

Cowboys and 49ers were easily the two most impressive teams. I think too many have discounted the Cowboys, but they could easily take that division from the Eagles. And it looks like the 49ers found their QB in Purdy, which is a damn scary thought considering the talent on that roster, and a QB on a rookie salary for several years. Sometimes you just need to get lucky. 

Week 1 of a NFL season certainly doesn't dictate how things may end up for teams come late December. But certainly you can glean some things. You could sense that offenses were a bit lethargic coming out of the gate or made some mistakes. Should be a fun Week 2 upcoming.

Vikes have a short week to show us something good. Fingers crossed. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
LOL...

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/170099...40244?s=20
business decision... plain and simple.

The Patriots had a shot at the Eagles towards the end but their play calling was bizarre 

I watched all of Packers Bears and Niners Steelers.  The end of Chargers Dolphins.  Some Indy/Jags and Giants Dallas, which was easily the worst game of the day.

The Bears D is putrid, and Fields is who I thought he was when he was drafted-lacks the processor for this level.  Three years in he's still locking in one read then taking off on the run.  He's a phenomenal athlete but not an NFL caliber QB.

Jordan Love's comp is maybe a less accurate Ryan Tannehill.

Brock Purdy is going to kill any remaining notions that the Niners will pursue Kirk.  He isn't a star but he can do the job competently.  Kenny Pickett otoh does not look very good, often missing wide open targets in the intermediate pass game.

The Colts got shafted.  I'm biased because I bet on them.

Do not bet on the Chargers (thankfully I didn't) because Brandon Staley is still a shitty head coach.  Their play at the end when they needed to drive for a winning f.g. in the last two minutes was as pathetic a series as I've ever seen.

Giants .. wtf was that?  You feel bad about our loss to Tampa, well remember it could be worse! :p

Wonder if PPeterson will be talking anymore smack.  He predicted he would have an INT because Purdy had "tells".  Only tell was 2 TDs thrown PPs way.

At least we aren't the Giants today.  Texted my son to see how his team was doing as I wasn't watching.  He said he turned it off in the 3rd quarter at 40-0.

Quote: @"comet52" said:
I watched all of Packers Bears and Niners Steelers.  The end of Chargers Dolphins.  Some Indy/Jags and Giants Dallas, which was easily the worst game of the day.

The Bears D is putrid, and Fields is who I thought he was when he was drafted-lacks the processor for this level.  Three years in he's still locking in one read then taking off on the run.  He's a phenomenal athlete but not an NFL caliber QB.

Jordan Love's comp is maybe a less accurate Ryan Tannehill.

Brock Purdy is going to kill any remaining notions that the Niners will pursue Kirk.  He isn't a star but he can do the job competently.  Kenny Pickett otoh does not look very good, often missing wide open targets in the intermediate pass game.

The Colts got shafted.  I'm biased because I bet on them.

Do not bet on the Chargers (thankfully I didn't) because Brandon Staley is still a shitty head coach.  Their play at the end when they needed to drive for a winning f.g. in the last two minutes was as pathetic a series as I've ever seen.

Giants .. wtf was that?  You feel bad about our loss to Tampa, well remember it could be worse! :p
Is the hype train leaving the station on Jordan Love.  He beat the lowly Bears but it seems like a lot of the media talking heads are predicting the Packers have hit on another savior at quarterback.  

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
LOL...

@"Vikergirl" said:
The Patriots had a shot at the Eagles towards the end but their play calling was bizarre 

So was the Eagles.  They went on 4th and 2 on around the fifty yard line with around 2 minutes and gave the Pats the ball back.