Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jaren Hall 'crisp' and 'impressive'
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Speaking of Trey Lance.....yikes. Reports again out of Niners camp aren't good. 
Think about where the 49ers would be if they hadn't won the lottery with Brock Purdy? 
I think the jury has to still be out on Purdy. IMO, he's definitely not a franchise guy. But he played well for sure last season.

No doubt. People praising him like he's the next Joe Montana is ridiculous. He looked good, but I want to see him do it again, when defenses have some film, before I'm a believer. 

But it's not important what I think. The 49ers believe they have their QBOTF. And the odds of finding him with the last pick in the 7th round are astronomical. It's just luck. A shot in the dark. They don't get lucky there, the 49ers are not serious contenders. 
Maybe they have the QBOTF.   Purdy went to work pre-draft with Sage Rosenfels who played for Shanahan and kinda got the cheat code for how to run his offense, which is a big part of why he looked good.  But like you I want to see how he does when everyone's had a year to look at the film.   

Quote: @comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
Think about where the 49ers would be if they hadn't won the lottery with Brock Purdy? 
I think the jury has to still be out on Purdy. IMO, he's definitely not a franchise guy. But he played well for sure last season.

No doubt. People praising him like he's the next Joe Montana is ridiculous. He looked good, but I want to see him do it again, when defenses have some film, before I'm a believer. 

But it's not important what I think. The 49ers believe they have their QBOTF. And the odds of finding him with the last pick in the 7th round are astronomical. It's just luck. A shot in the dark. They don't get lucky there, the 49ers are not serious contenders. 
Maybe they have the QBOTF.   Purdy went to work pre-draft with Sage Rosenfels who played for Shanahan and kinda got the cheat code for how to run his offense, which is a big part of why he looked good.  But like you I want to see how he does when everyone's had a year to look at the film.   
Plus he's got Kittle/Deebo/Aiyuk/McCaffrey around him with one of the top OL's in the league.  Let's see him in 2025 when the Niners cap situation is where the Vikings have been the last couple years.  Still he's already waaaay overacheived for pick #256.

Quote: @comet52 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@StickyBun said:

I really like Purdy, he is a college home town favorite, that's also a good dude. But have to agree once there are some films and tendencies exposed, then we will see how good he is. 

High hopes for Hall. I liked him as a second tier prospect. At the very least hoping he gives us an upgrade at the backup position which is something we've lacked most of the last decade 

Hall had some learning moments yesterday for sure with increased practice time with Mullins dealing with a family matter. That's good for his development to be put in some situations that he didn't perform well in. He's developmental. He's still learning to call plays in a huddle, something he's never done before.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Hall had some learning moments yesterday for sure with increased practice time with Mullins dealing with a family matter. That's good for his development to be put in some situations that he didn't perform well in. He's developmental. He's still learning to call plays in a huddle, something he's never done before.
I read that too...He's going through what all these rook QB's go through:

Smaller Pockets, Smaller Windows, Less time to throw, Big asz KOC playbook

Definitely a work in progress..