• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when....
Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Kyler Murray, LMAO.

I'll be curious to see if Russell Wilson is indeed as washed as he looked last year. Might have been an anomaly, but if not, what a brutal trade and contract for the Broncos.
I was gonna say, Kyler Murry, Wilson, Watson, Carr... he is already below some non-QBs.

Wilson is washed, his dedication to football has expired.  That is why Seattle traded him.  Watson may still have elite talent, but that head tells me he isn't made for that position.
Could be wrong, but I think we see a much better year from Wilson. 
We shall see.  I think his willingness to grind is behind him.  As Favre discovered at the end, the year round dedication to the game gets old as they get older.  Wilson has his money, his stardom, his girl, why waste all that time it takes to be great?
Same reason we all do. Personal pride. Last year had to be a big embarrassment to Wilson, who, let's not forget, was a 9X Pro Bowler and Super Bowl winner. Also, he's only 34. He'll play another 4 years before he's washed. 

As much as I hate Payton, I think he's smart enough to sync QB with offense. I think we're going to see a whole different Wilson. 
We shall see.  I think his "pride" got left in his private office.  One would have thought he would have applied some of that personal pride last year.  

As VG83 sez, it could be fun to watch Payton and Wilson figure it out.

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Kyler Murray, LMAO.

I'll be curious to see if Russell Wilson is indeed as washed as he looked last year. Might have been an anomaly, but if not, what a brutal trade and contract for the Broncos.
I was gonna say, Kyler Murry, Wilson, Watson, Carr... he is already below some non-QBs.

Wilson is washed, his dedication to football has expired.  That is why Seattle traded him.  Watson may still have elite talent, but that head tells me he isn't made for that position.
I don't think so. Better? Yeah, possibly. MUCH better? No way. You don't have a year like he had last year and dramatically improve at 34 years old. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Kyler Murray, LMAO.

I don't think so. Better? Yeah, possibly. MUCH better? No way. You don't have a year like he had last year and dramatically improve at 34 years old. 
I agree.  I saw signs of Wilson declining a year or two before he was traded.  Broncos got killed in that trade, I think.

Quote: @HappyViking said:
@StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:
@greediron said:
@StickyBun said:
Kyler Murray, LMAO.

I agree.  I saw signs of Wilson declining a year or two before he was traded.  Broncos got killed in that trade, I think.
The Broncos got killed in that trade no matter what. Considering what they gave up, unless Wilson takes them to the Super Bowl, they got killed. And I don't see Wilson doing that any time soon. 

But he'll have a better year in '23. Whatever decline you saw a few years ago obviously wasn't age related. It may have been ego-related and that might continue to sabotage him, but I don't think so. Last year was a coaching disaster. I think we see a whole different Wilson this year with Sean Payton.