Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember when....
...Kirk's $35M/year salary was really high? With Justin Herbert's new $52M/year deal, Cousins' AAV now ranks 14th, nearly slumming down with the non QBs.
1 Justin Herbert LACQB $52,500,000
2 Lamar Jackson BALQB $52,000,000
3 Jalen Hurts PHIQB $51,000,000
4 Aaron Rodgers NYJQB $50,271,667
5 Russell Wilson DENQB $48,517,647
6 Kyler Murray ARIQB $46,100,000
7 Deshaun Watson CLEQB $46,000,000
8 Patrick Mahomes KCQB $45,000,000
9 Josh Allen BUFQB $43,005,667
10 Dak Prescott DALQB $40,000,000
Matthew Stafford LARQB $40,000,000
Daniel Jones NYGQB $40,000,000
13 Derek Carr NOQB $37,500,000
14 Kirk Cousins MINQB $35,000,000
15 Jared Goff DETQB $33,500,000

Kyler Murray, LMAO.

I'll be curious to see if Russell Wilson is indeed as washed as he looked last year. Might have been an anomaly, but if not, what a brutal trade and contract for the Broncos.

Wilson is one who I will be watching closely too. 

I would take Cousins over at least 5 of the QB's on that list. Maybe over 6 of em. 

Contrary to what our star WR thinks, I would only take Mahomes, Allen and Herbert over Kirk from that list. 

Quote: @JR44 said:
Contrary to what our star WR thinks, I would only take Mahomes, Allen and Herbert over Kirk from that list. 

no Jalen?!

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
 Wilson is one who I will be watching closely too. 

I would take Cousins over at least 5 of the QB's on that list. Maybe over 6 of em. 
I was just thinking there are only four I would "for certain" take over Cousins: Mahomes, Allen, Hurts and Herbert. Rodgers and Jackson are borderline but definitely not slam dunks. 

It's a bit misleading,  its actually a 5 year extension on current deal so the average is only 42 million per year.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Kyler Murray, LMAO.

I'll be curious to see if Russell Wilson is indeed as washed as he looked last year. Might have been an anomaly, but if not, what a brutal trade and contract for the Broncos.
I was gonna say, Kyler Murry, Wilson, Watson, Carr... he is already below some non-QBs.

Wilson is washed, his dedication to football has expired.  That is why Seattle traded him.  Watson may still have elite talent, but that head tells me he isn't made for that position.

Where does it end?  At some point the revenue is going to flatten out and the salary cap is also going to level out.  So if your quarterback is on a contract that pays upwards of $50 million how much is going to be left over for your other franchise players?

With the franchise values going up in the $4 to $6 billion range soon only hedge fund guys are going to be able to afford to buy them.  Where does that end?  

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JR44 said:
no Jalen?!
I am not a Hurts fan, they have a pretty tight offense and a great OL that really helps him.  If you were to put him in our offense, I think he would look like a different QB and I don't think JJ would have close to the numbers he has.