Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: What to Watch 3
Quote: @"Caactorvike" said:
Jury duty is hysterical.  Premise is it’s a courtroom trial. Everyone is an actor except one— a juror. He thinks it’s a real trial. Just great.
fun premise,  but I wonder how they were able to keep the one non actor to keep from thinking something was up unless they didnt watch much TV or movies.  I just checked it out and looking at one shot I thought 3 of the people looked familiar with one I know is a little more popular actor, but been in enough to know he was an actor ( James Marsden )

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Caactorvike" said:
Jury duty is hysterical.  Premise is it’s a courtroom trial. Everyone is an actor except one— a juror. He thinks it’s a real trial. Just great.
fun premise,  but I wonder how they were able to keep the one non actor to keep from thinking something was up unless they didnt watch much TV or movies.  I just checked it out and looking at one shot I thought 3 of the people looked familiar with one I know is a little more popular actor, but been in enough to know he was an actor ( James Marsden )
Right—but remember James Marsden is playing James Marsden. There is no pretense that he is playing someone else which is very clever because all the actors, including the “mark” relate to him as a “star” which takes the focus away from everyone else. Marsden plays this self absorbed actor named James Marsden and he is wonderful at it. And the “mark” is set up to think there can’t be other actors here because everybody else thinks of him as a “star” as well. Does that make sense? I find the show a welcome relief after the anxiety producing The Bear. The Bear is well done but god it’s so f’ing exhausting!

Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
Any Succession fans out there? I loved the first three seasons, but once the "big event" happens in season 4, I just lost interest. I realized I no longer cared what happens. Wondering now if the remainder of the season is worth the time.  

Season 2 of "From" on MGM+ is what I'm watching now. I consider season 1 of Lost to be just about the best thing I've ever seen on a TV, so this one, made by the same people, and with much of the same weird creepiness, is definitely in my wheelhouse. Not must-watch TV, but it ain't half bad. Just hoping that, unlike Lost, they actually have an ending in mind. 
What the devil is MGM+ haha. And I thought my wife already had all the streaming channels...
Succession-- Same feelings as you but I finished it. It's still excellent but yeah, the last season is just a downer. Off the top of my head I think someone cried in every episode. Felt like every scene.
The Last of Us-- good stuff. I recently got a PS5 so want to check out the games.
Honestly not watching much at the moment, which is sad since the Royals are dreadful and other sports are in the offseasons. Been playing Spider-Man on Playstation and just swinging around NYC is so fun. Looking forward to the upcoming sequel.
Top Chef season 20 just finished. By far the best cooking show if anyone likes those and hasn't checked it out. It's on Bravo which is 99% terrible content imo, so I think Top Chef gets a bit overlooked. Also dig Alone on HIST but YoutubeTV doesn't have HIST so I'll have to wait for the new season of that on Hulu. I've also heard good things about The Bear.
My wife LOVED The Bear. I may have to try it again if I ever can free up time. 

If you love cooking shows, The Great British Bake Off is a whole lotta easy fun and charming too. We just finished S10. Netflix

Quote: @"Montana Tom" said:
My wife and I are a bit behind on watching shows.  We're in Season 2 of Outlander and Season 2 of Suits.  Impatiently waiting to see if Yellowstone is going to finish filming the second half of Season 5.  Looking forward to another season of Virgin River and The Diplomat.  Thanks for the tips gang.
We've been big Yellowstone fans over the years. We started the latest season and then swapped to other stuff. It just felt like the same old and stale. We'll probably tee it up again in the fall. 

1883 was fabulous btw if you haven't seen it yet.