Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: What to Watch 3
Just finished Episode 3, very entertaining

[Image: 1682628926-cdc5d1ca0ed9f28.jpg?fit=1000%2C667&ssl=1]

The Last of Us (HBO)

Finished S1, worth some time if you have it this summer...

[Image: pedro-pascal-bella-ramsey_0-H-2023.jpg?w=1296]

Beef was great. 

My wife and I have been watching The Sinner on Peacock.  First season had Jessica Biel as one of the main characters (definitely a different role than her usual), it was very good.  Second season follows a different story but the dude detective is the same.

I'd recommend it.  Definitely one to watch after the kids go to bed.

'Quarterback'
Athletes take a risk when allowing cameras into their personal lives. But the decision can pay off. Big time. 
Such is the case for Vikings QB Kirk Cousins, who is profiled in this eight-part series along with the Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes and Marcus Mariota, who was benched by the Falcons during filming. 
When it comes to Cousins, the producers skirt controversy, focusing instead on his work ethic, charity work and religious beliefs. He's so ecstatic during a visit to the Barnes & Noble in Eagan that you'd think he was getting a Hall of Fame tour. Producers were fortunate to get behind-the-scenes access during the Vikes' unforgettable 2022 season, which featured the greatest comeback in NFL history. 
But when it comes to polishing your public image, the more valuable footage is that of Cousins reading and praying with his son. The next time he throws an interception, it'll be a little harder to boo. Wednesday, Netflix
https://www.startribune.com/tv-to-watch-kirk-cousins-makes-a-brilliant-move-by-appearing-in-netflixs-quarterback/600288040/

Any Succession fans out there? I loved the first three seasons, but once the "big event" happens in season 4, I just lost interest. I realized I no longer cared what happens. Wondering now if the remainder of the season is worth the time.  

Season 2 of "From" on MGM+ is what I'm watching now. I consider season 1 of Lost to be just about the best thing I've ever seen on a TV, so this one, made by the same people, and with much of the same weird creepiness, is definitely in my wheelhouse. Not must-watch TV, but it ain't half bad. Just hoping that, unlike Lost, they actually have an ending in mind. 

My wife and I are a bit behind on watching shows.  We're in Season 2 of Outlander and Season 2 of Suits.  Impatiently waiting to see if Yellowstone is going to finish filming the second half of Season 5.  Looking forward to another season of Virgin River and The Diplomat.  Thanks for the tips gang.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Any Succession fans out there? I loved the first three seasons, but once the "big event" happens in season 4, I just lost interest. I realized I no longer cared what happens. Wondering now if the remainder of the season is worth the time.  

Season 2 of "From" on MGM+ is what I'm watching now. I consider season 1 of Lost to be just about the best thing I've ever seen on a TV, so this one, made by the same people, and with much of the same weird creepiness, is definitely in my wheelhouse. Not must-watch TV, but it ain't half bad. Just hoping that, unlike Lost, they actually have an ending in mind. 
What the devil is MGM+ haha. And I thought my wife already had all the streaming channels...
Succession-- Same feelings as you but I finished it. It's still excellent but yeah, the last season is just a downer. Off the top of my head I think someone cried in every episode. Felt like every scene.
The Last of Us-- good stuff. I recently got a PS5 so want to check out the games.
Honestly not watching much at the moment, which is sad since the Royals are dreadful and other sports are in the offseasons. Been playing Spider-Man on Playstation and just swinging around NYC is so fun. Looking forward to the upcoming sequel.
Top Chef season 20 just finished. By far the best cooking show if anyone likes those and hasn't checked it out. It's on Bravo which is 99% terrible content imo, so I think Top Chef gets a bit overlooked. Also dig Alone on HIST but YoutubeTV doesn't have HIST so I'll have to wait for the new season of that on Hulu. I've also heard good things about The Bear.

The Righteous Gemstones is a fun watch. Its mostly the same cast from Vice Principals, which is another one that's worth the time.

Jury duty is hysterical.  Premise is it’s a courtroom trial. Everyone is an actor except one— a juror. He thinks it’s a real trial. Just great.