Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great. Another Corner. At least he's over 6'
Flores loves versatility and CB/S types he can put in the nickel. It's why he loved Brian Branch. Jartavius Martin was another. Interestingly, Martin went two picks after Branch in the 2nd round. Jay Ward was in another tier, but similar kind of player. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
I know nothing about him. Has some size but ran 4.55 and sounds like best value might be as a special teamer. 

At some point Kwesi needs to figure out that games are won in the trenches and you can't build a roster from the outside-in. 
yup

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
Flores loves versatility and CB/S types he can put in the nickel. It's why he loved Brian Branch. Jartavius Martin was another. Interestingly, Martin went two picks after Branch in the 2nd round. Jay Ward was in another tier, but similar kind of player. 

This is what I was wondering about, I am waiting to see how it works out and what Flores thoughts are about the picks. 

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

This is what I was wondering about, I am waiting to see how it works out and what Flores thoughts are about the picks. 
These two DBs have Flores written all over them. They're versatile, can play zone and man, inside and out, up and back. Guys like that are rarely the top names in the draft. They're all Brian Branches basically, on one level or another. 

Vikings had opportunities to take HWS guys Ringo, Rush and Trice and they passed on them for versatility. Infuriating to many, but that's what we signed up for when we hired Brian Flores. 

Only two corners graded higher than 85 in both man and zone. One was Blackmon. The other was Witherspoon, who went 5th overall. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:

https://youtu.be/bkJrenxl1aI
These two DBs have Flores written all over them. They're versatile, can play zone and man, inside and out, up and back. Guys like that are rarely the top names in the draft. They're all Brian Branches basically, on one level or another. 

Vikings had opportunities to take HWS guys Ringo, Rush and Trice and they passed on them for versatility. Infuriating to many, but that's what we signed up for when we hired Brian Flores. 

Only two corners graded higher than 85 in both man and zone. One was Blackmon. The other was Witherspoon, who went 5th overall. 

That is more of the point, regardless of KAM and KOC it is Flores that is going to be working with these guys. I really don't think the defense can get much worse. I don't think Flores is going to do that. I think he is going to make a difference perhaps the difference. And yes I know he needs players to do it. I can't wait to see him work in training camp.

JMO, but it seems logical to me that these are guys that Flores (and Daronte Jones) wanted. Daronte coached Ward so who could have known him better? Maybe Ward crashes and burns, maybe the whole draft class does…or maybe not. These are guys our coaches and scouts identified, so now it’s up to them to mold them into what they want them to be.

I don’t know, I think I have come to the conclusion that it’s a lot of wasted energy to fret over these draft picks. Where their careers go is entirely on each of them individually, and even the consensus “best of the best” can’t just sit on their college laurels. They all have to go out and prove it.