Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great. Another Corner. At least he's over 6'
Jay Ward, LSU CB

Guy might have gone un-drafted. 7th rounder maybe. Kwesi must have smoked a doobie earlier. Unreal.

I know nothing about him. Has some size but ran 4.55 and sounds like best value might be as a special teamer. 

At some point Kwesi needs to figure out that games are won in the trenches and you can't build a roster from the outside-in. 

Just what we fucking need another secondary guy.  Read somewhere he is a nickle guy or special teamer.  If that's the case the hunt for special teamers is starting early.

has versatility  still improving in otherworldly practice squad  played multiple positions in secondary   still figuring out teqnique because shift positions so much

Quote: @"Greylock" said:
Just what we fucking need another secondary guy.  Read somewhere he is a nickle guy or special teamer.  If that's the case the hunt for special teamers is starting early.
Meanwhile we still need upgrades and competition on the defensive line, linebacker, center, and at quarterback. Fuck me

He’s a safety, if anything other than a special teamer. There were good defensive interior guys as well as edge guys available. This seriously is an insanely stupid pick. I’d take an average fan picking over this nonsense. 
It’s possible he replaces Harrison eventually and he is a decent ball hawk. So there’s something to work with, it’s just they took him at least 2 rounds early.

I like it. Just read a few scouting reports on him and he's pretty versatile. Spent plenty of snaps between outside CB, slot, and safety. Guess he's like a poor man's Brian Branch. Swiss-army piece for Flores to work with.

The way injuries had piled up on our secondary, we probably need all the corners we can get.

Well regardless, we now have some bodies and there is going to be competition to start opposite Murphy. Between that and Flores coming in, there should be no more excuses as to why the secondary shouldn't be substantially better