Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, we should have known this would be a boring Draft....
To Geoff: Everything seems to point to Dalvin leaving, but with draft now over have you heard anything about Danielle and Za’Darius? Is there some magical cap workings that can be performed to keep them both and prevent them from potentially holding out? I sure like how our D sits 1000x better with those 2 on the field…

It was a good draft. I'm very happy with the Addison pick. Addison will be helpful for Jefferson and spreading the field. His route running and separation are key. Of course no complaints about TJ Hockenson. I am glad they didn't take Hooker or Levis. I like the versatility of Ward, he played both safety and corner. McBride is a good choice. There is size and power with Roy. I know there were a lot of needs and not as many picks but they got some good pieces. The UDFA's are also intriguing. Hopefully some of the guys that were injured last year can have an impact this year. I am interested to hear from Flores. I am going to trust him with the defense. I know it takes time to thoroughly evaluate the success and failure of a draft class so definitely want to revisit this.

Quote: @Vikergirl said:
It was a good draft. I'm very happy with the Addison pick. Addison will be helpful for Jefferson and spreading the field. His route running and separation are key. Of course no complaints about TJ Hockenson. I am glad they didn't take Hooker or Levis. I like the versatility of Ward, he played both safety and corner. McBride is a good choice. There is size and power with Roy. I know there were a lot of needs and not as many picks but they got some good pieces. The UDFA's are also intriguing. Hopefully some of the guys that were injured last year can have an impact this year. I am interested to hear from Flores. I am going to trust him with the defense. I know it takes time to thoroughly evaluate the success and failure of a draft class so definitely want to revisit this.
Yeah im ok with the draft, no sexy picks but it didnt fall really well for us with JSN , trent simpson and DTR going right in front of us.  if we had those 3 fall to us I think the fans would be more excited. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
Everyone should be happy to be reminded we currently have 5 picks in next years draft too!  :p
Actually 6.  We added KC's 5th in the tradedown from 119 to 134.  We now have
next year:
1st
2nd
4th
4th (DET) Hock trade
5th (KC)
6th

Our 3rd went to Detroit for Hock, 5th to Philly for Reagor (could become a 4 if he hits conditions), 7th for Nick Mullens.