Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Is the world just getting too sensitive?
Politics would be fair game, if you showed a pattern against protected groups, then you may have issues.  Interesting that you want to refine your discrimination skills, guess it's what a person does when they have a fear of inclusion.

Quote: @BigAl99 said:
Politics would be fair game, if you showed a pattern against protected groups, then you may have issues.  Interesting that you want to refine your discrimination skills, guess it's what a person does when they have a fear of inclusion.
was asking for a friend.  I dont really give a shit about peoples political views,  everybody has a right to their own opinions.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
i didnt want to start a new thread, but i wanted to ask,  is it discrimination if I refuse to do business with somebody because I dont agree with their political views?  can I be sued for not treating them the same as I would a more conservative person?  what if that person is black or gay or what ever else passes as a minority now,  can I be sued then,  even though my objection isnt based on their minority status,  just their political views?
Al has it right. Protected classes are race/national origin, religion, sexuality and disability. Past that discriminate away, the world is ypur oyster. 

Quote: @AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
i didnt want to start a new thread, but i wanted to ask,  is it discrimination if I refuse to do business with somebody because I dont agree with their political views?  can I be sued for not treating them the same as I would a more conservative person?  what if that person is black or gay or what ever else passes as a minority now,  can I be sued then,  even though my objection isnt based on their minority status,  just their political views?
Al has it right. Protected classes are race/national origin, religion, sexuality and disability. Past that discriminate away, the world is ypur oyster. 
I ask because a liberal white male professional refused to work for a conservative black woman and says it was due to her and her white husbands politics,  i cant help but think that if the politics  were reversed that we would have people marching in the streets waving BLM banners and everything else.

And this is a close friend of yours?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@AGRforever said:
@JimmyinSD said:
I ask because a liberal white male professional refused to work for a conservative black woman and says it was due to her and her white husbands politics,  i cant help but think that if the politics  were reversed that we would have people marching in the streets waving BLM banners and everything else.
I’d say the liberal male is pretty close to the line. 

Seems like a lot of snowflakes running around, shooting innocent people in this country.

It's a rotten society in the US, beautiful lands but a rotten society.  

This is troubling. Parents and social media is ruining a whole generation of young people. Scared of everything and never allowed to fail or forced to handle situations themselves without parents solving every challenge for them:

by Kevin Coupe
This isn't strictly a business-of-retail story, but it is about the people who shop and work at retail.  Therefore, it matters.  And is an Eye-Opener.
The Harvard Institute of Politics is out with a new poll with some troubling revelations about people age 30 and younger:
"Overall, nearly half (48%) of young Americans indicate that they have felt unsafe in the past month, including 16% in a shopping mall, 15% on public transportation, 13% in their neighborhood -- and 21% somewhere else in their city or town. Twenty-one percent (21%) of college students felt unsafe at their school.
"Forty percent (40%) of young Americans are concerned about being a victim of gun violence or a mass shooting. One-in-three (33%) are concerned about someone close to them being a victim of gun violence or a mass shooting (31%). 
"Roughly half of female college students are concerned that they, or someone close to them, could be a victim of a mass shooting (53%) or sexual assault (49%)."
Clearly, these concerns are having an impact:
"The mental health of young Americans remains a significant concern. Nearly half (47%) of young adults under 30 report 'feeling down, depressed, or hopeless,' and 24% have had thoughts that they would be 'better off dead,' or of hurting themselves in some way at least several days in the last two week.
"For the first time in this survey, we also asked about loneliness. We found 44% have been bothered by loneliness at least several days in the last few weeks. Additionally, 46% reported 'little interest or pleasure in doing things,' and 55% 'feeling nervous, anxious or on edge'."
In addition, "Nearly three-fourths (73%) of young Americans believe homelessness can happen to anyone. Nearly one-third of all 18-to-29- year-olds (32%), including 43% of Hispanic and 39% of Black Americans, are concerned that they could personally become homeless one day."
In other words, a generation of Americans is feeling an enormous amount of stress.  And, like I said, there are retail's customers and employees.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
This is troubling. Parents and social media is ruining a whole generation of young people. Scared of everything and never allowed to fail or forced to handle situations themselves without parents solving every challenge for them:

by Kevin Coupe
This isn't strictly a business-of-retail story, but it is about the people who shop and work at retail.  Therefore, it matters.  And is an Eye-Opener.
The Harvard Institute of Politics is out with a new poll with some troubling revelations about people age 30 and younger:
"Overall, nearly half (48%) of young Americans indicate that they have felt unsafe in the past month, including 16% in a shopping mall, 15% on public transportation, 13% in their neighborhood -- and 21% somewhere else in their city or town. Twenty-one percent (21%) of college students felt unsafe at their school.
"Forty percent (40%) of young Americans are concerned about being a victim of gun violence or a mass shooting. One-in-three (33%) are concerned about someone close to them being a victim of gun violence or a mass shooting (31%). 
"Roughly half of female college students are concerned that they, or someone close to them, could be a victim of a mass shooting (53%) or sexual assault (49%)."
Clearly, these concerns are having an impact:
"The mental health of young Americans remains a significant concern. Nearly half (47%) of young adults under 30 report 'feeling down, depressed, or hopeless,' and 24% have had thoughts that they would be 'better off dead,' or of hurting themselves in some way at least several days in the last two week.
"For the first time in this survey, we also asked about loneliness. We found 44% have been bothered by loneliness at least several days in the last few weeks. Additionally, 46% reported 'little interest or pleasure in doing things,' and 55% 'feeling nervous, anxious or on edge'."
In addition, "Nearly three-fourths (73%) of young Americans believe homelessness can happen to anyone. Nearly one-third of all 18-to-29- year-olds (32%), including 43% of Hispanic and 39% of Black Americans, are concerned that they could personally become homeless one day."
In other words, a generation of Americans is feeling an enormous amount of stress.  And, like I said, there are retail's customers and employees.
Nothing but negativity from the MSM and every other source of information,  its bound to start sinking in when nobody ever lifts their heads up and actually looks around for themselves anymore.