Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Is the world just getting too sensitive?
[Image: merlin_70385874.jpg?w=525&h=600&format=a...aces&dpr=2]

The uproar over this is borderline ridiculous imo...

Getting?

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

What's to get upset about?  I don't know the context or the supposed symbolism of the hand gesture...

In this case, the reaction wasn't the same. One was considered competitive and the other classless

https://twitter.com/RickyJMarc/status/16...mFt6iuVGpw&s=19

The uproar over this one incident is stupid. Supposedly Clark was doing some trash talking and hand gestures in the SC game, which then gave license to another member not involved, from another team, showing up said player? In the NFL or college game of football there'e a rule against taunting after a hit or celebrating a TD. Can't hang on the rim after a dunk because it's showing off, but I guess it's ok to get in another player's face or use hand gestures. How is it not a rule in basketball? Now you have the race hustlers at ESPN smelling blood...It's not borderline ridiculous.

Quote: @IDVikingfan said:
@purplefaithful said:

What's to get upset about?  I don't know the context or the supposed symbolism of the hand gesture...
Okay, google is my friend.  IMO, the Iowa coach should have put an immediate stop to this in the previous game plus have the player apologize publicly in the newspaper for lack of sportsmanship.  Gotta nip things in the bud before in your face gestures become more common...  

The answer is yes, the world has been oversensitized for some time now with everyone getting offended about everything. San Francisco is trying to make reparation payments of $5 million dollars a piece to any African American residents who's family tree has ties to slavery lol. Everything always seems to come back to race because it's always the fallback for certain politicians and race hustlers. That's what this picture seemed to be about is this LSU player didn't like certain gestures this white girl (Clark) who was torching everybody made in the prior game against South Carolina and wanted to rub her nose in it. Made some comment after the game about "standing up for people like me." It's the mentality of division being indoctrinated in schools, universities, Hollywood, etc. They want to continue dividing and playing the race card because it benefits their political narrative. 

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
The answer is yes, the world has been oversensitized for some time now with everyone getting offended about everything. San Francisco is trying to make reparation payments of $5 million dollars a piece to any African American residents who's family tree has ties to slavery lol. Everything always seems to come back to race because it's always the fallback for certain politicians and race hustlers. That's what this picture seemed to be about is this LSU player didn't like certain gestures this white girl (Clark) who was torching everybody made in the prior game against South Carolina and wanted to rub her nose in it. Made some comment after the game about "standing up for people like me." It's the mentality of division being indoctrinated in schools, universities, Hollywood, etc. They want to continue dividing and playing the race card because it benefits their political narrative. 

Well shit.  My Irish ancestors were "indentured servants".  I'm 1/8 Irish.  Does that mean I only get 1/8th of $5M because I can certainly give them my bank details for the deposit. 

Wouldn't San Francisco have more to do with Asian and Indigenous slaves then African American slaves?  Its been awhile since my 5th grade history lessons....but I'm pretty sure California wasn't part of the Confederacy? 

Social media is all about manufactured outrage. I don't give it any energy, but there are lots of people that seem to love to. If you choose not to care about this shit it loses all its energy. Don't apologize. Ricky Gervais said it best: 

https://twitter.com/nro/status/1162355991545024512