Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Also just for fun, which of these QB's would you rather have;

Option 1.) 65.9% completions, 4,547 yards, 29 TD's, 14 INT's, 92.5% QBR

Option 2.) 65.1% completions, 4,438 yards, 29 TD's, 7 INT's, 99.3% QBR
The one who won 13 games in a brand new offense and an historically bad defense. 
I'd take the guy who put up the same statistics with half the INT's, throwing to Josh Reynolds and Brock Wright while also in a brand new offense with a historically bad defense, which gave up the same average points per game as the Vikings (25.1 points per). 

In case everyone hasn't guessed it, that's right option #2 is everyone's favorite punching bag...Jared Goff. So let's not think Kirk Cousins is some irreplaceable savant
I agree, Goff was great last year. So what do you do if you're the Lions? You have the 6th and 18th pick in the draft. Plenty of ammo to either stay put and get a top 4 QB or even move up and for one of top 2. 

I know one thing you DON'T do. And that's get rid of Goff. 
Well of course not, he's 28 and under contract the next two seasons at a manageable 30 million per year. Not the same story with Kirko 
His base salary is double Cousins, his total contract value is 4 times Cousins’, his cap hit for 2023 ranks 5th, Cousins 9th, his guaranteed money ranks 9th, Cousins 18th. This despite the fact that over the last five seasons Cousins ranks well ahead of him in nearly every passing category. In fact, in most passing categories, Cousins ranks in the 2-5 range, until you get into the advance stats like comeback stats, 4th quarter TDs, TDs over 25 yards, efficiency, etc., where he ranks at or near the top. 
But...but he threw a pass short of the sticks! Every QB in the NFL does this. Cousins does it and it trends on twitter for a week. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

The one who won 13 games in a brand new offense and an historically bad defense. 
I'd take the guy who put up the same statistics with half the INT's, throwing to Josh Reynolds and Brock Wright while also in a brand new offense with a historically bad defense, which gave up the same average points per game as the Vikings (25.1 points per). 

In case everyone hasn't guessed it, that's right option #2 is everyone's favorite punching bag...Jared Goff. So let's not think Kirk Cousins is some irreplaceable savant
I agree, Goff was great last year. So what do you do if you're the Lions? You have the 6th and 18th pick in the draft. Plenty of ammo to either stay put and get a top 4 QB or even move up and for one of top 2. 

Well of course not, he's 28 and under contract the next two seasons at a manageable 30 million per year. Not the same story with Kirko 
His base salary is double Cousins, his total contract value is 4 times Cousins’, his cap hit for 2023 ranks 5th, Cousins 9th, his guaranteed money ranks 9th, Cousins 18th. This despite the fact that over the last five seasons Cousins ranks well ahead of him in nearly every passing category. In fact, in most passing categories, Cousins ranks in the 2-5 range, until you get into the advance stats like comeback stats, 4th quarter TDs, TDs over 25 yards, efficiency, etc., where he ranks at or near the top. 
But...but he threw a pass short of the sticks! Every QB in the NFL does this. Cousins does it and it trends on twitter for a week. 
Lol his cap number is only manageable for this upcoming season (his last under contract) because the organization has once again elected to "kick the can down the road" and will be absorbing cap hits for Cousins in 2024, 2025, 2026, and the 2027 seasons. All of this is besides the point that he wants a fully guaranteed extension, which will cost more money and tie up additional cap dollars. He is 35, and I'm glad at least on the surface Kwesi isn't going to play the guaranteed, short term extension game with Kirk any longer. 

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Lol his cap number is only manageable for this upcoming season (his last under contract) because the organization has once again elected to "kick the can down the road" and will be absorbing cap hits for Cousins in 2024, 2025, 2026, and the 2027 seasons. All of this is besides the point that he wants a fully guaranteed extension, which will cost more money and tie up additional cap dollars. He is 35, and I'm glad at least on the surface Kwesi isn't going to play the guaranteed, short term extension game with Kirk any longer. 
...that you know about. 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

...that you know about. 
It would have been done already if that were the case in the reshuffling of his salary. There's no deal and what's known is the Vikings will not pay him the guaranteed money he wants in an extension, even at a reduced salary. I don't expect that to change before or after the draft

What has Cousins accomplished for the Viking? Certainly not what he was brought in to do.

Quote: @"Norse" said:
What has Cousins accomplished for the Viking? Certainly not what he was brought in to do.
its not his fault,  there has always been some other part of the team that has let him down. most the time the OL, but also often the D.

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Norse" said:
its not his fault,  there has always been some other part of the team that has let him down. most the time the OL, but also often the D.
Are you being sarcastic?

Quote: @"comet52" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Norse" said:
Are you being sarcastic?
No!

Ok, perhaps a little.