Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the 49ers and Vikings have serious talks about Cousins?
Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
According to Mike Florio at Pro Football Talk, the 49ers inquired about a potential Kirk Cousins trade at the NFL Combine 
Hard to say what's what during the NFL offseason, but Minnesota can't trade Cousins: they have nothing behind him. Maybe that changes at the end of this month in the Draft, but still.......he's definitely going to be here for the 2023 season. As he should. And of course there's no guarantee whomever they might move up for or draft at the QB position will pan out. But I think Geoff said it early last week and I agree: they'd love to have a rookie QB contract to work with for a few years in the cap game. And they also want 'their' guy. 

Like so many with Kirk Cousins: they like him and they appreciate him. Maybe even a lot. But they (current staff) don't love him. That's my opinion.
I wouldn't put it that way. I think they do love him. I think that's especially true for KOC who really wants to see what Cousins does in year two of his offense. But they also know a dual threat QB would benefit this offense and that it would be wise to have the QBOTF in the pipeline before Cousins' age-related decline. And I don't think there's anyone on either side of the argument who would disagree with any of that. 

Quote:
Like so many with Kirk Cousins: they like him and they appreciate him. Maybe even a lot. But they (current staff) don't love him. That's my opinion.
Not true,  you are either a Kirk hater or nut sucker.... read this board,   there is no acceptable middle ground. :p
Well, I had a rather high opinion of Kirk....I may rethink that now.........

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
According to Mike Florio at Pro Football Talk, the 49ers inquired about a potential Kirk Cousins trade at the NFL Combine 
Hard to say what's what during the NFL offseason, but Minnesota can't trade Cousins: they have nothing behind him. Maybe that changes at the end of this month in the Draft, but still.......he's definitely going to be here for the 2023 season. As he should. And of course there's no guarantee whomever they might move up for or draft at the QB position will pan out. But I think Geoff said it early last week and I agree: they'd love to have a rookie QB contract to work with for a few years in the cap game. And they also want 'their' guy. 

Not true,  you are either a Kirk hater or nut sucker.... read this board,   there is no acceptable middle ground. :p

mmmm,  nuts

Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
I can't see why the 49'ers would make this trade. They signed Darnold as a FA. If Purdy has to miss the start of the season, the rest of the 49'ers team is good enough that they can win with Darnold.
Did you just say that out loud?