Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams expected to trade Ramsey in coming weeks...
I think the only way you could do it is by all sides agreeing, moving money and restructuring contracts to make it work. I'm sure Dalvin saw his role in the offense diminish under KOC and would likely welcome a fresh start elsewhere and Kendricks would jump at the chance to go back to LA. The players would fit and the Rams seem to be in "win now" mode again with McVay, who has never had an elite level player at RB and now has a huge hole at MLB after Wagner was released. Both are plug and play immediate impact players. While on the other coin, the Vikings would get Ramsey, who fits what Flores wants to do defensively and hopefully a draft pick or two, which we sorely need having so few draft picks in this upcoming draft. The Rams value players not draft picks, while Kwesi values the picks. That's why I say it would be win/win for both teams if they could make it work and the Vikings are routinely brought up as a team highly interested in Ramsey. We'll see....it's going to be highly interesting to see how the front office reshuffles this deck between now and the draft. 

[Image: qd7ne1nsgy82.gif]

Sure this will work, but only if they kick in Cooper Kupp, bwaaaaaaaaaaaa…!
Wink :p  

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
[Image: qd7ne1nsgy82.gif]

Sure this will work, but only if they kick in Cooper Kupp, bwaaaaaaaaaaaa…!
Wink :p  
No need to stop there. Let's have them throw in Donald for Udoh and sweeten this deal...

RUMOR: The two teams interested in Jalen Ramsey trade with Rams (msn.com)

Lions and Raiders thought to be the two most "logical" teams to acquire Ramsey

Pretty sure the Vikings would need the cap space available before the trade and then afterwards can negotiate an extension.  But supposing they wanted to do it and do some other extensions ...

Ramsey is due 17M, 18.5M, and 19.5M the next three years and supposedly wants a new deal.

Popular sentiment extensions (with percentage of popularity - my guess)

Kirk Cousins (50%) - 2 yr 80M extension
Justin Jefferson (99%) - 4 yr 130M extension
Danielle Hunter (40-50%) - 4 yr 88M
Dalvin Tomlinson (50%-60%) - 3 yr 36-42M
TJ Hockenson (99%) - 4 yr 56-58M

what will the cap numbers look like in 2024 for all these players plus Ramsey and O'Neill?

Player - 2024 Cap hit
Cousins - 37M
Jefferson - 26M
Hunter - 26M
Tomlinson - 16M
Hockenson - 14MO'Neill - 19.7M (without any restructure this year)
Ramsey - 19M (on a 4 yr 88M redo?)

That could be 157.7M for 7 players.

Assuming they want to extend the players above and those numbers are close then they will have the majority of the cap tied up in less than 10 players.  I did not even mention the rumor they want to bring back Bradbury on a reasonable deal (8 to 10M).

I suppose if the defense was ONE player away and that player was a CB, then a trade might make some sense.

After saying all this, I still have not mentioned the draft picks it would cost to acquire him.