Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rams expected to trade Ramsey in coming weeks...
Los Angeles Rams Reportedly Working On Blockbuster Trade (msn.com)

I know when this was initially reported a while back that the Vikings were supposedly one of the teams very much in play and I'm wondering if that's still the case. The Rams also released Bobby Wagner this week. I know their philosophy is "F them picks" and by McVay coming back, I'm assuming they are all in once again on trying to make a super bowl run. Not trying to play Madden, but if the Vikings want Ramsey and you read the tea leaves with both teams, I'm wondering if something like this would work for both teams:

Vikings trade:

RB Dalvin Cook
LB Eric Kendricks
Conditional 5th round pick in 2024

to Rams, for:

CB Jalen Ramsey
3rd round pick in 2023

I think that would be win/win for both teams. Thoughts?

I’d be ok with the trade, however teams know the Vikings are up against the salary cap, why trade with them for players who are going to be or might get released?

There are a lot of Trade Dalvin conversations across the www, but I don’t see anyone trading for a high priced RB.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:

I know when this was initially reported a while back that the Vikings were supposedly one of the teams very much in play and I'm wondering if that's still the case. The Rams also released Bobby Wagner this week. I know their philosophy is "F them picks" and by McVay coming back, I'm assuming they are all in once again on trying to make a super bowl run. Not trying to play Madden, but if the Vikings want Ramsey and you read the tea leaves with both teams, I'm wondering if something like this would work for both teams:

Vikings trade:

RB Dalvin Cook
LB Eric Kendricks

to Rams, for:

CB Jalen Ramsey
3rd round pick in 2023

I would take that trade for the Vikings in a heartbeat. I don't think the Rams would though.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:

Vikings trade:

RB Dalvin Cook
LB Eric Kendricks

to Rams, for:

CB Jalen Ramsey
3rd round pick in 2023

Dalvin doesn’t have trade value. Kendrick’s might but we already have quite a few people talking about cutting him. So does he really have any trade value?

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"supafreak84" said:

Vikings trade:

RB Dalvin Cook
LB Eric Kendricks

to Rams, for:

CB Jalen Ramsey
3rd round pick in 2023

Dalvin doesn’t have trade value. Kendrick’s might but we already have quite a few people talking about cutting him. So does he really have any trade value?
I disagree, Cook is still a top 5 back in the league and is only 27. Any team trading for him would still realistically be getting three to four years of elite level play at the position and the Rams have been lacking an impact RB since Gurley was injured. Kendricks would be plug and play for them, he's from southern California, there's just a lot of pieces between the Rams and Vikings that I think would work in a trade. 

And yes, we are against the cap, but everyone knows money can be moved around, front loaded, back loaded, however they wanted to play it to make the pieces work. 

He’ll probably end up w/ the Lions…they actually have the draft capital for moves like this.  Confused 

I'm asking: why would Minnesota do this? And better question, how could they do it? I think its a 0.0% chance. 

The contracts make it almost impossible to figure out trade terms. Do I think the Rams would love to have Dalvin? Yes, they've been looking for a back since Gurley. Do I think we'd love to have Ramsey? Yes.

Problem is the Rams are trying to dump salary and replacing Ramsey's money with Dalvin's and Kendricks's actually increases their cap debt. 

Vikings should just sign a free agent.