Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Michael Schmitz
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@TBro said:
If we trade down, then Schmitz is definitely an option with the additional picks we will get. He is not a first round talent. He is the top rated Center but should be available in the late 2nd, early 3rd. I would love to see him replace Bradbury. I would love to see any competent center replace Bradbury. Watching Jones completely destroy the Bengals OLine last night was just another reminder of how important having a Center who can actually hold their ground as a pass blocker is, and should be one of our biggest priorities. The Chiefs interior OLine was incredible at keeping Mahomes clean and upright all night. 
We're all going to be envious watching Kelcey play at the SB too. 
I will be curios as to see what Spags does with Clark....  damn I love watching that kid play....  a big athletic DT is about the closest thing to a key to success a person can ask for...that and a future HOF QB on a rookie deal and you pretty much might as well just leave the trophy case door unlocked.
Now granted we switched to the 3/4 this past year, but is it safe to say the Vikings have had a difficult time filling that DT spot since Shariff Floyd went lame?

Double the hurt when the real heritage of the Vikings is Defense and DL. 

but have they really tried to draft a top notch DT?  you want to talk about curses... imagine if they had gone any other position in 13 besides DT and would have  been still picking as early as they did in 14..... does anybody think they dont take Donald in 14?   lets talk about the curse of the Floyd.
go look at the last time the Vikings drafted a DL with their first pick. 

You'll be stunned. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@TBro said:
If we trade down, then Schmitz is definitely an option with the additional picks we will get. He is not a first round talent. He is the top rated Center but should be available in the late 2nd, early 3rd. I would love to see him replace Bradbury. I would love to see any competent center replace Bradbury. Watching Jones completely destroy the Bengals OLine last night was just another reminder of how important having a Center who can actually hold their ground as a pass blocker is, and should be one of our biggest priorities. The Chiefs interior OLine was incredible at keeping Mahomes clean and upright all night. 
We're all going to be envious watching Kelcey play at the SB too. 
I will be curios as to see what Spags does with Clark....  damn I love watching that kid play....  a big athletic DT is about the closest thing to a key to success a person can ask for...that and a future HOF QB on a rookie deal and you pretty much might as well just leave the trophy case door unlocked.
Now granted we switched to the 3/4 this past year, but is it safe to say the Vikings have had a difficult time filling that DT spot since Shariff Floyd went lame?

Double the hurt when the real heritage of the Vikings is Defense and DL. 

but have they really tried to draft a top notch DT?  you want to talk about curses... imagine if they had gone any other position in 13 besides DT and would have  been still picking as early as they did in 14..... does anybody think they dont take Donald in 14?   lets talk about the curse of the Floyd.
go look at the last time the Vikings drafted a DL with their first pick. 

You'll be stunned. 

We had Jordan Davis sitting there for us at 13 but decided a lopsided trade down with the Lions(in their favor) was a better option. SMH. 

JMS getting a lot of Mobile buzz....

https://twitter.com/Luke_Spinman/status/...85440?s=20&t=60W8Tv5gOta91iqCBRkW1A

Quote: @MaroonBells said:

He's powerful and nasty. Only going to get stronger with NFL supervision. I'd have zero problem popping our 1st round pick on this guy.

....”His name is my name too..

”Whenever I go out,
the people always shout..
John Michael jingleheimer Schmidtz”

EVERYBODY !

Every offseason for as long as Kirk has been the QB here, the Vikings have "needed" to fix the OL. Maybe it's not the line that's the problem...
Ok yes, it partially is, but it's also our QB and our play-calling. Kirk's deadly accurate from a clean pocket and a champ at standing in and making the throws, but he also holds the ball longer than most any other QB in the league, isn't mobile, and doesn't vary the depth of his dropbacks all that much. In other words, he's not doing the OL many favors. Part of that is on the plays KO designed this past season too.
I would much rather see the pick be DL, LB, WR, or QB than investing more early picks in the OL because quite honestly we've tried that-- a lot recently-- and the results have been mediocre. Whereas if we could find a field-stretcher WR or a disruptor in the front 7 I think that would really go a long ways to improving the overall team. JMO.

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@MaroonBells said:

He's powerful and nasty. Only going to get stronger with NFL supervision. I'd have zero problem popping our 1st round pick on this guy.

I would be all over JMS if we traded down. I like him in the 2nd if we could get a pick back for trading out of 23. The question is, how far can we drop and still get him? I never thought Ragnow would go as high as he did in 2018 so who knows if JMS gets pushed up to the end of the 1st. Outside of O'Neill, that is definitely a draft I would like to see a do-over.