Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian snippets..
Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@medaille said:
I feel like he said the exact right things, but we'll see how everyone's moods pan out when we come into next year with $50M in dead cap and all our veteran leaders were replaced with rookies and low cost options and it's clear that we're rebuilding instead of competing.
I don't think it will be like that. I think it will be a continuation of the competitive build. Difference being, they have no obligation to the roster they inherited. So I expect to see a fair amount of turnover this off season.
I have a feeling this roster is going to get younger. Darrisaw is money in the bank for the future of this team.
If you don't have the success you wanted, why wouldn't you change? I expect a fair amount of off season change. If not, we may see the same result. A successful team that isn't truly a championship competitor.
I don't think I understand what a competitive rebuild is.  A rebuild would involve fixing our cap situation, such that we get cap negative and can push some more cap into the future to have a few seasons of extra cap space in our window.  What is a competitive rebuild?  Keeping our offense intact except for Thielen and Dalvin and cutting most of our defense and keeping our poor cap situation, and we assume our offense will be good enough to keep us "competitive" regardless of how our defense performs?  If we just cut Thielen, Dalvin, Smith, and the dead cap already on the books, we're going to be playing 2023 with something like a $35M dead cap hit.  To me, that's what looks like more of the same.  We're going to continue playing at a cap disadvantage.  We won't be able to bring in sufficient talent to build a truly competitive roster and any notable talent we do bring in will start out by pushing cap hits into the future.

I'm not saying we shouldn't change, because we definitely should, I'm just skeptical that we can be SB caliber competitive while rebuilding.  I think that by the time we're "rebuilt" we're going to be in the same position we are now, where we're struggling to bring on enough talent, because we're still in a poor cap situation.  

Quote: @jargomcfargo said:
@medaille said:
I feel like he said the exact right things, but we'll see how everyone's moods pan out when we come into next year with $50M in dead cap and all our veteran leaders were replaced with rookies and low cost options and it's clear that we're rebuilding instead of competing.
I don't think it will be like that. I think it will be a continuation of the competitive build. Difference being, they have no obligation to the roster they inherited. So I expect to see a fair amount of turnover this off season.
I have a feeling this roster is going to get younger. Darrisaw is money in the bank for the future of this team.
If you don't have the success you wanted, why wouldn't you change? I expect a fair amount of off season change. If not, we may see the same result. A successful team that isn't truly a championship competitor.
Yeah, it's really not that complicated. There's about $30M in cap space from some pretty painless cuts. I mean, not painless on an emotional level (Thielen), but fairly painless in terms of contribution. Will there be dead money? Yep, but that's how the game is played. I doubt the Vikings even reach the top ten in dead money totals. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@jargomcfargo said:
@medaille said:
Yeah, it's really not that complicated. There's about $30M in cap space from some pretty painless cuts. I mean, not painless on an emotional level (Thielen), but fairly painless in terms of contribution. Will there be dead money? Yep, but that's how the game is played. I doubt the Vikings even reach the top ten in dead money totals. 
Yah, thats where my head is at too...

There will be some emotional cuts soon, but thats the game. 

They better clear space -- cause they are going to need to be playa's in FA this year with so few draft picks. 

I am sure most of us have been through some reorganizations.  Some bad and desperate others needed and well done, you say goodbye to some friends and good riddance to others. This is where the leadership shows their value, I hope they do the needed changes and do it well.  Where we end up next year is on KAM and KOC, I hope they do well and am kinda pumped to see what changes are made.

Quote: @PurplePastor said:
I saw the post title and had envisioned Bible verses and sayings, but this was good too.
Honestly, I did too. Maybe something about Cousins thrown in.