Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian snippets..
Left tackle Christian Darrisaw's ascension was one of the brightest spots of this Vikings season, and the 23-year-old cornerstone said he expects to harness the pain of an early exit in his NFL playoff debut.
"We did a lot of special things this year that nobody can ever take away from us," he said. "Obviously we didn't get the results that we wanted, but it's going to be on everyone's minds coming into it next year. We're never going to forget this feeling."
Darrisaw lauded O'Connell's first run leading the Vikings.
"I feel like we got a new standard now," Darrisaw said. "We know what we're capable of as a team. We got 13 wins this year. Why not try to build on this season, take the positives, reflect on the negative things that happened and come into this offseason ready to work?
https://www.startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-notebook-garrett-bradbury-free-agents-christian-darrisaw-camryn-bynum/600243933/

Why not indeed. Love the attitude. 

Pretty deep for a 23 year old...

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
The kid plays like he understands the game.  Talented and smart.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:

Or he uses an AI chatbot

I’m going to chime in for Jimmy here & remind everyone how costly his flinch was in the red zone… Wink  B)

I feel like he said the exact right things, but we'll see how everyone's moods pan out when we come into next year with $50M in dead cap and all our veteran leaders were replaced with rookies and low cost options and it's clear that we're rebuilding instead of competing.

I saw the post title and had envisioned Bible verses and sayings, but this was good too.

Quote: @medaille said:
I feel like he said the exact right things, but we'll see how everyone's moods pan out when we come into next year with $50M in dead cap and all our veteran leaders were replaced with rookies and low cost options and it's clear that we're rebuilding instead of competing.
I don't think it will be like that. I think it will be a continuation of the competitive build. Difference being, they have no obligation to the roster they inherited. So I expect to see a fair amount of turnover this off season.
I have a feeling this roster is going to get younger. Darrisaw is money in the bank for the future of this team.
If you don't have the success you wanted, why wouldn't you change? I expect a fair amount of off season change. If not, we may see the same result. A successful team that isn't truly a championship competitor.

Darrisaw is one of the best, he's going nowhere. This team needs to make a lot of changes but their two tackles and WR1 are a lock.