Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings will have the #23 pick in the draft
Quote: @"Knucklehead" said:
If Anthony Richardson, the Fla. QB is there, the Vikes should run to the podium with that pick. AR is as physically talented as any QB in this draft but is raw as hell. Sit him behind Kirko in 2023 & hand him the reigns in 2024. For the first time in a long time, we'll have a QB who can extend a play with his legs. Use the remaining picks to address 2023 needs.

CB is a high priority. Booth, Evans, Dantzler & Shelly will be on the team next year for no other reason than they're on cheapie contracts & the Vikes are tight against the cap. Adding an inexperienced rookie to secondary isn't ideal. As MB stated, CB should be a FA target. While I'm not opposed to bringing back PP, my preference would be to shop around for a CB younger than 30.

I'll use the same argument for ILB if we stay in a 3 - 4. If Asamoah has one spot, putting another rookie next to him is less than ideal. ILB & CB s/b FA targets.

If the Vikes don't draft AR & assuming they resign Tomlinson, an OLB/DE that can rotate into the pass rush would be my preference. I would give a long look at BJ Ojulari from LSU.
I'm with you on AR. He only has 1 full year as a starter. He has Josh Allen-type talent but some of his decisions are bizarre. Hopefully, that is just inexperience. But it might not be. Shelley is a UFA. There will be competition for his services. Tomlinson may want $10M a year. Is he worth that to us? Can we afford that?

Quote: @"mgobluevikes" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"mgobluevikes" said:
Which Golden Domer you got us taking... Wink
Lol well I had Mayer penciled in for us prior to the Hockenson trade. Foskey is our only other 1st round prospect for this draft but I don't see us taking a rush end unless we move on from Zadarius Smith. So no domers for us this year (at least not in the 1st round). 

A couple guys that interest me in that range early though are Jalin Hyatt, Bryan Bresee, and Drew Sanders
Bresee is the #2 DT according to Drafttek. Doubt if he's there for us. Sanders might be interesting. Can't say I know much about him, other than he's tall. lol
Injuries might push Bresee down the boards. He had a down year, but that was mostly due to the tragic death of his sister and an early season injury. We'll see what teams think of him medically. 

I like Sanders though. Alabama transfer that is all over the field. He is the kind of bigger LB we would want if we stick with a 3-4. 
Is he significantly better than Campbell from Iowa, or Eichenberg from that other school?
I think he is much better then Campbell, who just looks slow on film to me. I'm all over Sanders and a guy who has really jumped out to me is Noah Sewell from Oregon. Twitchy, instinctive, and hits like a ton of bricks. If you want a LB that will hold up against the run its this guy.