Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vikings will have the #23 pick in the draft
Draft order updates still waiting on final wild card … As we noted several times on the weekend, because Tampa Bay has the worst W-L record of any of the teams playing in this weekend’s wild card games and wasn’t playing until tonight when the Buccaneers host Dallas, we wouldn’t have any finality on picks 19 thru 24 until tonight. What we can so, though, if Tampa Bay wins tonight, Seattle will have the 19th pick, while Miami would sit 20th but has forfeited its pick so the LA Chargers would have that pick, while Baltimore will have pick #21, followed by Dallas at #22 and Minnesota at #23. On the other hand, a Dallas win tonight means it would be Tampa at #19, followed by Seattle, Miami (no pick), the Chargers, Baltimore and Minnesota at picks #20 thru #23. Meanwhile, Jacksonville and the Giants both of whom registered upset wins this weekend will now pick no higher than 24th depending heading into next weekend’s conference semi-final games.

Which Golden Domer you got us taking... Wink

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
Lol well I had Mayer penciled in for us prior to the Hockenson trade. Foskey is our only other 1st round prospect for this draft but I don't see us taking a rush end unless we move on from Zadarius Smith. So no domers for us this year (at least not in the 1st round). 

A couple guys that interest me in that range early though are Jalin Hyatt, Bryan Bresee, and Drew Sanders

Quote: @mgobluevikes said:
TE!

4 Sale-23rd pick in the 1st round…  Wink 

Quote: @Kentis said:
4 Sale-23rd pick in the 1st round…  Wink 
....and our GM will let you have it for a 5th rounder and bag of donuts. Packers, Bears, doesn't matter, come one come all....

Things will change in the coming months but #23 is a decent spot considering the number of DBs that will come off the board between 20 and the end of the round. Lots of ability to choose their DB if they have a preference. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
Things will change in the coming months but #23 is a decent spot considering the number of DBs that will come off the board between 20 and the end of the round. Lots of ability to choose their DB if they have a preference. 
If they use theat pick on another DB, I'm going to lose it. We are going to have so many other roster holes to fill that taking another DB would be inexcusable. You sink or swim next season with Dantzler, Evans, Booth, Cine, Bynum, and all these other young guys we've invested in. 

If we can't generate a consistent pass rush, or stop the run, it doesn't matter who we have back there at DB.

Quote: @supafreak84 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
If they use theat pick on another DB, I'm going to lose it. We are going to have so many other roster holes to fill that taking another DB would be inexcusable. You sink or swim next season with Dantzler, Evans, Booth, Cine, Bynum, and all these other young guys we've invested in. 
Not drafting DBs since you've drafted others in previous years is a strawman argument.