Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More tThan Just Sour Grapes - A Serious Issue
Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
It's crazy how when they do look at some of the replays, they have some of the crappiest camera angles. Again billion dollar business and these are the angles you have? Definitely teams getting screwed. And some of the explanations afterwards for the reason they ruled how they did make absolutely no sense.
They were talking about this on GMFB, I think it was a Raiders WR who stepped out of bounds on a pass that was called a TD. They were all saying, “This is the best camera angle available by CBS.”

It is the conspiracy theorist in me that says the NFL gets away with semi rigging games. I wonder what would happen if a class action lawsuit was filed by millions of fans accusing the League of rigging games. Can that happen? I don’t know. 
So many questionable calls, it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I mentioned to my kids last night, this is probably the year they rig it for the Vikings.

Well its about GD time.  I'll take a championship however we can get it.

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
It's crazy how when they do look at some of the replays, they have some of the crappiest camera angles. Again billion dollar business and these are the angles you have? Definitely teams getting screwed. And some of the explanations afterwards for the reason they ruled how they did make absolutely no sense.
They were talking about this on GMFB, I think it was a Raiders WR who stepped out of bounds on a pass that was called a TD. They were all saying, “This is the best camera angle available by CBS.”

It is the conspiracy theorist in me that says the NFL gets away with semi rigging games. I wonder what would happen if a class action lawsuit was filed by millions of fans accusing the League of rigging games. Can that happen? I don’t know. 
So many questionable calls, it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I mentioned to my kids last night, this is probably the year they rig it for the Vikings.

dont get your hopes up.  there are likely some other cities that pay a better social dividend than MNPLS when it comes to handing out a rigged championship. 

I think part of it is to generate more controversy and storylines sort of like WWE, because it is entertainment and a business so they want money for their product. 

Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"Viking1987" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
Anyone else watch the Commanders receiver get absolutely mugged in the end zone at the end of their game with the Giants?

Couldn't agree more @TG - NFL can (must) do better than this when it comes to referees. Especially now when teams are so evenly matched and 1 play can turn a game.
also in that game the wr was called for illegal formation  was to close to call the ref usually tells them to move up   if it's that close and he did ask the ref before the snap 
also in that game there was an offensive PI called that was complete bull shit,  i rarely agree with collinsworth but he was right on that one,  that same thing happens on every pass play in the game and it goes uncalled.

so in 2022 we cant have a proximity system installed at every stadium,  as well as the refs using electronic whistles so that the second any one whistle blows it will leave an electronic imprint on the corresponding videos feeds so any reviews for when forward progress was actually stopped can be authenticated with a true position of the ball as verified by the proximity system? couple this with down and distance measurements being super precise as well as ball placement after questionable plays where the side judges cant really see where shit ended up?  there is so much tech could do for this game that would take the referees failures out of the game... but they dont for a reason.  just like how some camera angles arent shown on some replays?  WTF is up with that?

the fix is in.
Because drama gets clicks.

The Vikings aren't good enough to beat their opponent and the Refs.

They were Saturday---Sigh

Quote: @"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

While I know that was said in jest, I am completely in agreement with you. Nobody but the Vikings fans seem to remember Bountygate and how they were given that NFCC game on a bogus PI call.

Just once let it all be rigged in our favor!

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
@"greediron" said:
@"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:

While I know that was said in jest, I am completely in agreement with you. Nobody but the Vikings fans seem to remember Bountygate and how they were given that NFCC game on a bogus PI call.

Just once let it all be rigged in our favor!

No jest.  Its our time to get one given to us.  Brady sucks this year, Kaaren sucks this year.  Philly just got theirs.  KC has a recent one.  Its our turn.  I don't care if they have to throw the opposing QB onto a table and beat him with a folding chair.  Its our turn.

In all honesty, the Vikings need to have everything fall into place in the playoffs to have the slightest chance to win it all.  Philly, Dallas and SF are too well rounded and have the dept on their rosters.  Can it happen?  Sure, and I hope they can pull it off.