Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More tThan Just Sour Grapes - A Serious Issue
We have all heard complaints about the referees but it is a real problem now.  We have won several of these games so it is not just sour grapes but looking back the referees in the NFL need to be reviewed.  We have had some really bad calls/non calls and they are not just judgmental like pass interference. I know that this is an old complaint but it has real flared up.

In the Buffalo game there were 12 defensive players on the field.  At least one referee is responsible for checking this (if not two - one offense and one defense).  We have a non-catch that should have caused a stoppage of play a booth review.  i
I believe the booth or even NY should have told the field refs to hold up.

Detroit game - from what i have seen Jefferson was no where need that side. lines when the ref blew the whistle and stopped a TD.

Colts game - Two TDs called back, a phantom face mask, and the ball placement at the two yard line after our punt when it should have been up against the goal line and could have forced a safety

Not calling collusion but more incompetance.  For a billion dollar business to hire amateurs to control the business is rediculous.

Couldn't agree more. The league is flush with money and they use part time refs who have other jobs. Ridiculous. 

I think pretty much everything should be reviewable and there should be a video reviewer ref who isnt on the field and can adjust calls. 

I hate judgment calls that require interpretation and this mainly refers to pass interference.  Each referee interprets it differently so you switch from game to game and what was ruled incidental contact or hand fighting in one game is pass interference in another.  Critical drives are kept alive or killed because of this.  
Maybe they have just put too much on the refs plates to watch.  I look at the Colts game with the fumble.  With the ball laying on the ground, the runner still up-right, what was the ref looking at to blow the whistle.  Was he too worried about forward progress and where the ball should have been place?
There was a ref on that side of the pile where the ball was laying.

Anyone else watch the Commanders receiver get absolutely mugged in the end zone at the end of their game with the Giants?

Couldn't agree more @TG - NFL can (must) do better than this when it comes to referees. Especially now when teams are so evenly matched and 1 play can turn a game.

Quote: @"purplefaithful" said:
Anyone else watch the Commanders receiver get absolutely mugged in the end zone at the end of their game with the Giants?

Couldn't agree more @TG - NFL can (must) do better than this when it comes to referees. Especially now when teams are so evenly matched and 1 play can turn a game.
also in that game the wr was called for illegal formation  was to close to call the ref usually tells them to move up   if it's that close and he did ask the ref before the snap 

It's crazy how when they do look at some of the replays, they have some of the crappiest camera angles. Again billion dollar business and these are the angles you have? Definitely teams getting screwed. And some of the explanations afterwards for the reason they ruled how they did make absolutely no sense.

Quote: @"Vikergirl" said:
It's crazy how when they do look at some of the replays, they have some of the crappiest camera angles. Again billion dollar business and these are the angles you have? Definitely teams getting screwed. And some of the explanations afterwards for the reason they ruled how they did make absolutely no sense.
They were talking about this on GMFB, I think it was a Raiders WR who stepped out of bounds on a pass that was called a TD. They were all saying, “This is the best camera angle available by CBS.”

It is the conspiracy theorist in me that says the NFL gets away with semi rigging games. I wonder what would happen if a class action lawsuit was filed by millions of fans accusing the League of rigging games. Can that happen? I don’t know. 

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
@"Vikergirl" said:
They were talking about this on GMFB, I think it was a Raiders WR who stepped out of bounds on a pass that was called a TD. They were all saying, “This is the best camera angle available by CBS.”

It is the conspiracy theorist in me that says the NFL gets away with semi rigging games. I wonder what would happen if a class action lawsuit was filed by millions of fans accusing the League of rigging games. Can that happen? I don’t know. 
So many questionable calls, it certainly isn't out of the realm of possibility.  I mentioned to my kids last night, this is probably the year they rig it for the Vikings.

Quote: @"Viking1987" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:

also in that game the wr was called for illegal formation  was to close to call the ref usually tells them to move up   if it's that close and he did ask the ref before the snap 
also in that game there was an offensive PI called that was complete bull shit,  i rarely agree with collinsworth but he was right on that one,  that same thing happens on every pass play in the game and it goes uncalled.

so in 2022 we cant have a proximity system installed at every stadium,  as well as the refs using electronic whistles so that the second any one whistle blows it will leave an electronic imprint on the corresponding videos feeds so any reviews for when forward progress was actually stopped can be authenticated with a true position of the ball as verified by the proximity system? couple this with down and distance measurements being super precise as well as ball placement after questionable plays where the side judges cant really see where shit ended up?  there is so much tech could do for this game that would take the referees failures out of the game... but they dont for a reason.  just like how some camera angles arent shown on some replays?  WTF is up with that?

the fix is in.