Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow
They definitely need to run more. Even yesterday as bad as it was going I think they should have run the ball more to try to keep the dogs off Cousins.

Dallas got six of its seven sacks with a four-man pass rush.

According to Pro Football Focus, the Cowboys pressured Kirk Cousins 61.5% of the time they sent a standard four-man rush after him; they blitzed only four times, with a 50% pressure rate.

On four of the Cowboys' seven sacks, the Vikings tried to block a four-man pass rush with a five-man protection.

"That's what they do," Vikings coach Kevin O'Connell said. "We didn't do much. We tried to get the run game going early, and we faced some third downs. Whether they were manageable or not, Kirk [Cousins] was under duress. When you lose your left tackle early on in the game, sometimes you can try to move that hard down around, and they just kept finding ways to affect Kirk.

==========================
Brandel, who's replaced Darrisaw each of the past two weeks, gave up a sack and another pressure on Sunday. He figures to start at left tackle on Thursday against the Patriots, given how difficult it would be for the Vikings to reconfigure their offensive line in four days, though O'Connell said the Vikings would "take a look at it."
"Knowing it's a tight turnaround, there's not going to be a lot of time for full speed reps or development," he added. "We've just got to go out and give our guys the best possible plan. They've got to be ready to execute against a really good football team."
As former Vikings coach Mike Zimmer liked to say, Belichick is fond of making teams "play left-handed," without being able to rely on their best weapon. If that happens, Cousins could need to hit secondary targets while the Vikings find a better solution for the Patriots' pressure than they had for the Cowboys.
==========================
Jefferson, who caught just three passes for 33 yards on Sunday, said the Vikings might need to incorporate more quick-developing plays into their passing game to help Cousins out. Six of the seven sacks occurred at least 2.5 seconds after the ball was snapped, indicating the Vikings might have been able to beat the Cowboys' rush with plays that got the ball out of Cousins' hand more quickly.
"It's tough, Kirk getting sacked before you even get out [of your] break," Jefferson said. "We've just got to move toward more quick game: getting the ball out quicker, putting the ball in space and letting people work. If things are not working out the way we planned, we need to find a way to adjust and go toward something that's going to work better for us. We can't continue to keep doing the same thing throughout the game, even though it's not working. We've got to be better as a whole team, and it's good, because we have a chance to do that in three days.
"https://www.startribune.com/vikings-cowboys-patriots-kirk-cousins-sacks-kevin-oconnell-bill-belichick/600228519/

Six of the seven sacks occurred at least 2.5 seconds after the ball was snapped, 

That is on the coach.

Thoughts on Cousins holding the ball too long as some say.

Says one of two things. Either Cousins trusts his O line to handle things, or he’s got bad instincts. 
I think he trusts his guys to do their job. He’s never been a scrambler, and probably never will be. 
It was a bad game, and sometimes you don’t match up well with some teams. The key will be how they adjust come playoff time.

I’m still all in this year. 
Oh, and BTW, I didn’t watch it. I was down at the pool watching a mechanical bull riding competition where women pulled their tops off when they were done. Not sure why they did that, but I wasn’t going to complain.

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:
Thoughts on Cousins holding the ball too long as some say.

Says one of two things. Either Cousins trusts his O line to handle things, or he’s got bad instincts. 
I think he trusts his guys to do their job. He’s never been a scrambler, and probably never will be. 
It was a bad game, and sometimes you don’t match up well with some teams. The key will be how they adjust come playoff time.

I’m still all in this year. 
Oh, and BTW, I didn’t watch it. I was down at the pool watching a mechanical bull riding competition where women pulled their tops off when they were done. Not sure why they did that, but I wasn’t going to complain.
Pics/video or it didn’t happen!

Quote: @"Riphawkins" said:

Time well spent. But so would a root canal compared to watching that shit show.