Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I thought this just before the fumble in the end zone.....
Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Something might happen, like a safety. I just had a feeling. This team has got me thinking differently. 
I told my wife before it happened that the play for Buffalo was to have Allen run off a few seconds in the end zone and take safety and then punt it away and play D,  sure it would have given the vikes a chance at a FG to win it,   but as many bad things could happen trying to play from your own goal line. 

Glad Buffalo doesn't think like I do. 
Actually, that may have been the plan. We'll just never know because he didn't get the ball cleanly from the center. 
Maybe,   but it seemed to me he was trying to push forward as he took the snap, which is possibly why it was botched. 
Looked like it hit him in the hands and bounced out as he was moving forward before he could grip it. It hit the back of the centers leg and bounced backward a little into the end zone.
I thought we had lost the game and the review was agonizing. Being a Vikings fan, I just knew the review was going to go against us!
Craziest finish I have ever seen.

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
Something might happen, like a safety. I just had a feeling. This team has got me thinking differently. 
I told my wife before it happened that the play for Buffalo was to have Allen run off a few seconds in the end zone and take safety and then punt it away and play D,  sure it would have given the vikes a chance at a FG to win it,   but as many bad things could happen trying to play from your own goal line. 

Glad Buffalo doesn't think like I do. 
Actually, that may have been the plan. We'll just never know because he didn't get the ball cleanly from the center. 
Maybe,   but it seemed to me he was trying to push forward as he took the snap, which is possibly why it was botched. 
Trying to find a good video of it, but I think Harrison Phillips made that play.  He submarined the center causing the center to drop down and I think make a poor snap.  There is one view from the endzone and that center is pretty low when the ball hits Allen's closing hand.  Allen could have been overanxious as well, but I think Phillips going low caused that.