Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So I thought this just before the fumble in the end zone.....
Something might happen, like a safety. I just had a feeling. This team has got me thinking differently. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
Something might happen, like a safety. I just had a feeling. This team has got me thinking differently. 
It couldn't have happened better, even if it scripted it.  Like you, I had that feeling when at the goal line, something miracles was going to happen... and it did.  What a slugfest and great win for the Vikings.  Somehow, I never lost hope they were going to pull it out.  What a feeling.

More importantly, the team is thinking differently too.

It's as if we took all of the bad juju from the last 50 years, rebranded it as good juju and stuffed it into this season. I figure we have about 8 or 9 more seasons of this. 

Same...  I was listening to the second half on the radio (took my boys to MN for deer hunting again) and was doing the mental math in my head...  23-27...  If we get a safety, that makes it 25-27 and we get the ball back for a game winning drive and FG...  Lol

I told my wife before it happened that the play for Buffalo was to have Allen run off a few seconds in the end zone and take safety and then punt it away and play D,  sure it would have given the vikes a chance at a FG to win it,   but as many bad things could happen trying to play from your own goal line. 

Glad Buffalo doesn't think like I do. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
I told my wife before it happened that the play for Buffalo was to have Allen run off a few seconds in the end zone and take safety and then punt it away and play D,  sure it would have given the vikes a chance at a FG to win it,   but as many bad things could happen trying to play from your own goal line. 

Actually, that may have been the plan. We'll just never know because he didn't get the ball cleanly from the center. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Actually, that may have been the plan. We'll just never know because he didn't get the ball cleanly from the center. 
Maybe,   but it seemed to me he was trying to push forward as he took the snap, which is possibly why it was botched. 

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:

Maybe,   but it seemed to me he was trying to push forward as he took the snap, which is possibly why it was botched. 
Oh hell yes he was trying to go forward with it...

Allen (as great as he is) cost them the game yesterday. 

On the one inch line, bold call, Cotton!  lol

I had a feeling that they'd fumble in the end zone.  I just didn't believe it til it happened  :o