Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So much for Carolina tanking
Quote: @"1VikesFan" said:
Packers 3 - 4 and they really aren't looking good.
We really need to add a FTP button 

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I thought most had already crowned San Fran and buried Carolina? With McC, you can't lose and the team giving him up can't win. San Fran is a good team, but big trades like this are a big risk. That's all I'm saying. Carolina toyed with Tampa without him.
Right, but it's just one week. Call me a crazy, but I still feel fairly confident that the 49ers will be competing for the playoffs and Carolina will not.

I also think that Tom Brady is going to rue his decision to break up his marriage for one more year of playing QB.  
Didn't say that any of the would happen. But McCaffery is no magic elixir. Brady's marriage was rocky WAY before his decision to come back this year. 

Quote: @"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
I thought most had already crowned San Fran and buried Carolina? With McC, you can't lose and the team giving him up can't win. San Fran is a good team, but big trades like this are a big risk. That's all I'm saying. Carolina toyed with Tampa without him.
Right, but it's just one week. Call me a crazy, but I still feel fairly confident that the 49ers will be competing for the playoffs and Carolina will not.

I also think that Tom Brady is going to rue his decision to break up his marriage for one more year of playing QB.  
Didn't say that any of the would happen. But McCaffery is no magic elixir. Brady's marriage was rocky WAY before his decision to come back this year. 
49'ers see a window and the McCaffrey move puts a stamp on that.  The 49'ers front office is aggressive and I like that.  I was not a fan of the Trey Lance pick (that high) for what they gave up but I like teams that make aggressive moves when an opportunity knocks.  All that, and I am under no illusion that McC is a cure all for the 49'ers but he is an awesome weapon when healthy.  

The 49'ers gave up 2,3,4 next year for him and his salary Cap hit is only $700,000 this year and 12 million the next few.  Cook's hit is 12 million this year and then 14 next.  

The 49'ers still have more Cap space to make a move this year with over 4 million in space.  

Overall, I think it was a good trade for both teams.  Good not great but when you think you are close I love the mentality of getting your guy.  Doesn't work out most of the time but neither do draft picks.  But the 49'ers know they acquired a weapon and they know the Cap hits into the future are reasonable.

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

49'ers see a window and the McCaffrey move puts a stamp on that.  The 49'ers front office is aggressive and I like that.  I was not a fan of the Trey Lance pick (that high) for what they gave up but I like teams that make aggressive moves when an opportunity knocks.  All that, and I am under no illusion that McC is a cure all for the 49'ers but he is an awesome weapon when healthy.  

The 49'ers gave up 2,3,4 next year for him and his salary Cap hit is only $700,000 this year and 12 million the next few.  Cook's hit is 12 million this year and then 14 next.  

The 49'ers still have more Cap space to make a move this year with over 4 million in space.  

Overall, I think it was a good trade for both teams.  Good not great but when you think you are close I love the mentality of getting your guy.  Doesn't work out most of the time but neither do draft picks.  But the 49'ers know they acquired a weapon and they know the Cap hits into the future are reasonable.
Agree...this was a perfect fit for them. Schematically, financially. This is not a team I want to see in the playoffs.

I wish there were a trade the Vikings could make that would make as much sense. But we don't need offense and game-changing defensive players are just super expensive and really hard to get. 

Quote: @"minny65" said:
@"StickyBun" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

I think it was a good move also. But the game against the Chiefs showed why they tried to move on from Jimmy G.. They will be competitive for the playoffs but Jimmy G. will limit them to playing small ball and McCaffrey should be a great asset to a game managing QB.

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Had a rule when I used to play noon pickup basketball, always leave one game before you think you should.  Or in other words, go out a winner rather than cling to the glory for one more run.

Quote: @"greediron" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"StickyBun" said:

Had a rule when I used to play noon pickup basketball, always leave one game before you think you should.  Or in other words, go out a winner rather than cling to the glory for one more run.
 That was supposed to be the Vikings script in 09...

[Image: 340?cb=20201126155329]