Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Burns on the Market
Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:
Dline (interior) and LB are the biggest needs if they want to improve.
I would agree with this...With DB right in that 1a tier of need

But they aint getting their $'s worth in DH and Z has been good (not great). I think that knee is bugging him. Hopefully a bi-week will help.  

But we are winning, so who cares right?

Quote: @JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

But they aint getting their $'s worth in DH and Z has been good (not great). I think that knee is bugging him. Hopefully a bi-week will help.  

Amen!

Sadly, when's the last time we were 4/1? 

Good reminder how long the season is and how you win week to week could look very different. 

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

Amen!

Sadly, when's the last time we were 4/1? 

Good reminder how long the season is and how you win week to week could look very different. 

My comment was a little more tongue in cheek.  For some winning the games is good enough and all is rosy,  I want to see improvements and signs that the roller coaster might be flattening out and we will actually have a team that can compete in the post season.  This team still shows to much vulnerability in to many areas IMO to be comfortable with simply the record. 

There are players making big chunks of cap that simply aren't playing up to their pay checks despite the team record.  It feels good for now but its not sustainable.  If the big money guys don't start cleaning up their games imo we are going to get exposed when we start playing the more competitive part of the schedule after the bye.

@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

I think most fans are very happy with our record but also realize the team is not playing its best football either. The hope is the team is a good one (not sure yet) and that they keep getting incrementally better and get a playoff spot. 

Quote: @StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

I think most fans are very happy with our record but also realize the team is not playing its best football either. The hope is the team is a good one (not sure yet) and that they keep getting incrementally better and get a playoff spot. 
I dont think any real fan is unhappy with a 4-1 record considering the offseason changes. 

@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

I dont think any real fan is unhappy with a 4-1 record considering the offseason changes. 
Very happy with 4-1, but I think the difference IS the offseason changes. Particularly the coach. Very subtle differences in clock management and 4Q defense has helped us pull out the close ones where Zimmer's team probably would've blown them. 

I also think you could make a legit argument that last year's team, at 1-2, was playing much better football than this current team at 4-1. 

Win or lose, the Vikings are going to have to start playing better to be serious contenders in the playoffs. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@StickyBun said:
@JimmyinSD said:
@purplefaithful said:
@kmillard said:

Very happy with 4-1, but I think the difference IS the offseason changes. Particularly the coach. Very subtle differences in clock management and 4Q defense has helped us pull out the close ones where Zimmer's team probably would've blown them. 

I also think you could make a legit argument that last year's team, at 1-2, was playing much better football than this current team at 4-1. 

Win or lose, the Vikings are going to have to start playing better to be serious contenders in the playoffs. 
12 games left and lots of tests coming:

@ Mia
Bye
Zona
@ Washington
@ Bills
Dallas
 NE
Jets
@ Lions
Colts
Giants 
@ GB
@ CHI

10 win season if they can get to .500 against that remaining schedule...

Derrick Brown

Outside of Aaron Donald or Josh Allen i don't see any trade that will move the needle much.