Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brian Burns on the Market
1st rounder in 2019, 24-years-old, still on rookie contract, so cap space irrelevant, plays in a 4-3 in Carolina, but a few scouting reports at the time of his draft thought he'd be a better 3-4 edge. Exceptional in coverage. Made the Pro Bowl last year. 

Not sure how you make this work with Hunter and Z, but considering how KAM loves high pedigree players, his mouth has to be watering over this one. You'd definitely have to give up next year's 1st, which might be earmarked for QB, but if it's not, it's got to be either edge or corner, right? Maybe you make the argument to just get him now. No craps roll, no shot in the dark on a draft pick. Proven, elite-level edge rusher. A little like the Jared Allen deal? Fun to think about...

https://twitter.com/MichaelBalkoJr/statu...97184?s=20&t=xPcIw-yW-Haby9_5DftmFg

Also listening to offers on McCaffrey. It's getting towards that time where teams with terrible records start listening to offers on their assets. Be interesting to see if the Vikings are buyers at any point 

Still thinking our biggest needs are interior defensive line and cornerback

Our salary cap would need to be massaged to make any trade work. 

The eye test says hunter isnt worth the money we’re paying him in our 3/4. He belongs in a 4-3 somewhere. 

Can't see the Vikes moving on Burns.

1, no lock that he goes for a 1st round pick
2, no ear marked picks for QB in 23 draft

Good player but if the price is a first— no chance. We have so much money tied up in EDGE already, I don’t think the team will send assets and then sign another guy to a big deal.

Quote: @pattersaur said:
Good player but if the price is a first— no chance. We have so much money tied up in EDGE already, I don’t think the team will send assets and then sign another guy to a big deal.
We’re not getting pressure now. We need to figure that out somehow.  

Dline (interior) and LB are the biggest needs if they want to improve.

Quote: @kmillard said:
Dline (interior) and LB are the biggest needs if they want to improve.
I would agree with this...With DB right in that 1a tier of need

But they aint getting their $'s worth in DH and Z has been good (not great). I think that knee is bugging him. Hopefully a bi-week will help.