Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You old enough to remember these?
Sure do!  I had subscriptions to Viking Report, then Viking Update. Remember Dark Star, and Mike Gelfand? I remember Tommy Kramer and Bob Luertsema’s ownership of them. Can’t remember which came first. Tommy Kramer? Good times.

You old enough to remember these?
[Image: ncvd3occ5tr5.jpeg]

you’re damn right I am… 
Wink :p  

I had a subscription back in the 80's, Got AC's autograph in Tampa with him on the front cover.

Quote: @1VikesFan said:
@VikingOracle said:
I recall a section in this where retired veterans would pick winners against the spread and see who did best over the entire season.  I remember Bill Brown being involved but I don't recall whether he was any good.

As a kid in NH, it was ard to get any Vikings news -- basically Sporting News and Viking Report.  I must be really old compared to the rest of you since i recall it being Bob Lurtsema's.
I remember it being Bob Lurtsema's too.
I remember Lurts doing TCF commercials.  That's how the benchwarmer bit got started.

Benchwarmer Bob wasn't a bad player. Viking Report was the only way to get Vikings news in those days if you lived out of state. The NFL season preview magazines had a long lag time between writing and publishing and weren't very accurate. That and some guy in a bar were your only alternative Vikings news sources.