Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You old enough to remember these?
I am lol!

[Image: FZ_Bc6lXoAE79he?format=jpg&name=360x360]

The twitter link isn't posting for some reason...

I recall it being Bob Lurtsema's.

[Image: dbjtgqc1xs28.png]

I had a letter printed in a VR when I was like 14 about Charles Johnson the NT signing with the Vikings!

Geezus...lol...I used to have the subscription to that Viking magazine wayyyy back in the day...thanks for sharing the memory.

Yep, used to get these for quite a few years. 
Ordered Game Tickets from an advertisement in it back of this paper in the 90s. Saw the Saints at the Vikings (90 maybe?) and then the Sunday Night Cowboys / Vikings game that went into OT.
The package included a stay at a Best Western and they’d bus you to the game and back to the hotel, all for like $90 for 2 people.
I think the prices have changed a little since then.

Christmas 1988, I told a GF at the time that I wanted an authentic Vikings helmet when she asked what I wanted. She thought it was stupid, and didn’t buy it for me. So, I ordered it for myself from another ad in this paper (cost me $175) and then broke up with her shortly after that. 

Yep. Used to run to the mailbox on the day it was supposed to arrive. Back then, living outside Minnesota, with no Minny news, no internet, every word on the page was gold to me. 

First issue I got had Joe Senser on the cover. Still have a bunch of 'em somewhere. 

Quote: @Riphawkins said:
Yep, used to get these for quite a few years. 
Ordered Game Tickets from an advertisement in it back of this paper in the 90s. Saw the Saints at the Vikings (90 maybe?) and then the Sunday Night Cowboys / Vikings game that went into OT.
The package included a stay at a Best Western and they’d bus you to the game and back to the hotel, all for like $90 for 2 people.
I think the prices have changed a little since then.

Christmas 1988, I told a GF at the time that I wanted an authentic Vikings helmet when she asked what I wanted. She thought it was stupid, and didn’t buy it for me. So, I ordered it for myself from another ad in this paper (cost me $175) and then broke up with her shortly after that. 
Lol!

I remember the Best Western and taking the bus from there to Metrodome - they ran the bundles for tix+ bus to downtown from Bloomington. 

Heck, we were doing that in the 80's! I think the Metrodome opened in 82. 

Viking Update + I remember looking forward to reading all the pre-season prognostications in the football magazines at the local Walgreens and Snyder Drug Stores. 

The Viking Underground web-site pretty much changed everything. 

I used to love getting these. As a kid in Jersey it was hard to get a lot of Vikings news back then, so this was the best thing going for me.

I recall a section in this where retired veterans would pick winners against the spread and see who did best over the entire season.  I remember Bill Brown being involved but I don't recall whether he was any good.

As a kid in NH, it was ard to get any Vikings news -- basically Sporting News and Viking Report.  I must be really old compared to the rest of you since i recall it being Bob Lurtsema's.

Quote: @VikingOracle said:
I recall a section in this where retired veterans would pick winners against the spread and see who did best over the entire season.  I remember Bill Brown being involved but I don't recall whether he was any good.

As a kid in NH, it was ard to get any Vikings news -- basically Sporting News and Viking Report.  I must be really old compared to the rest of you since i recall it being Bob Lurtsema's.
I remember it being Bob Lurtsema's too.