Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Agree This Is The Best We Ever Fielded?
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Skodin" said:
09 is the best overall team
That was a solid team, but I think Favre distorts the quality of that roster a bit. Good OL, AD, the Williams wall, Jared Allen, Greenway, Winfield. Definitely in the running, but the receivers were weak: Berrian, Rice, Harvin. And our safeties were crap. Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. 
I wouldn't say that the WR's are weak.  Harvin was the rookie of the year and a monster with the ball.  Rice was a Pro Bowler and Shank had 11 touchdowns at TE.

No doubt the safeties were weak, that was that only team's weakness.  Well that and coaching . . 

Quote: @"Skodin" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Skodin" said:
That was a solid team, but I think Favre distorts the quality of that roster a bit. Good OL, AD, the Williams wall, Jared Allen, Greenway, Winfield. Definitely in the running, but the receivers were weak: Berrian, Rice, Harvin. And our safeties were crap. Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. 
I wouldn't say that the WR's are weak.  Harvin was the rookie of the year and a monster with the ball.  Rice was a Pro Bowler and Shank had 11 touchdowns at TE.

No doubt the safeties were weak, that was that only team's weakness.  Well that and coaching . . 
I think Favre was the reason Rice was in the Pro Bowl. He did nothing outside of that year, averaging about 250 yards in six of his seven seasons outside of 2009. 

probably not the BEST, but ‘87 was a great team.

I think the ONLY games they lost were by the replacements from the strike.
so....instead of being home through the playoffs, we were on the road, where we kicked the shit outta Sa Fran. / Then traveled to DC, where we literally “dropped the ball” in the NFCC

Damn good team

Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Skodin" said:
Rice was a very good WR that year.  Injuries sidetracked his career, but there were games the defense couldn't stop him.  And Harvin was that short pass firecracker that could blow up.  

And with Peterson in the backfield, teams had to commit to stopping him.  That offense was amazing.

The thing with the '98 team is that they completely dominated opponents.  They had a 260 point differential the highest in Viking history, by comparison the '09 team that some have brought up had a 158 and only 1 other team had a 200+ differential, the '69 Super Bowl team.  

Of their 15 wins only 1 was by less than 7 points.  They were a 3 point regular season loss and a fluke FG miss from potentially being the 2nd undefeated team in NFL history.  I go with this team hands down.