Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Agree This Is The Best We Ever Fielded?

No...

98 was fun because of the offense.

Other Vikings teams had better balance.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
No...

It's up there in the top 5 I'd say. But I'd put the '75 team, the one that lost to the Cowboys in the playoffs (Pearson pushed off), might have been our best roster. I think the last couple, '22 and '21, rank highly too. 

No...

I agree.  Great offense but lacking on the defensive side to be our greatest team.

09 is the best overall team

Quote: @Skodin said:
Good point!  IMO 09 doesnt get the same respect as 75 or 98. 

It'd be tough to argue against 09 given its balance. Favre knew what he was doing signing here that year. 

If 98 or 09 could have made it past that CG? I suspect one of them would have brought home the Lombardi. 75 too. 

@Skodin said:

It'd be tough to argue against 09 given its balance. Favre knew what he was doing signing here that year. 

If 98 or 09 could have made it past that CG? I suspect one of them would have brought home the Lombardi. 75 too. 

2009 demolished the Cowboys in the first round 
and despite the refs, the road, the bullshit, and their own mistakes, still played their asses off to a tough defeat in the NFCCG

The losses of the 98, 75, Super Bowl teams, were either chokes waiting to happen or getting their asses handed to them.  09 went down swinging against everything and still almost came out on top

That was a solid team, but I think Favre distorts the quality of that roster a bit. Good OL, AD, the Williams wall, Jared Allen, Greenway, Winfield. Definitely in the running, but the receivers were weak: Berrian, Rice, Harvin. And our safeties were crap. Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. 

@purplefaithful said:
@Skodin said:

2009 demolished the Cowboys in the first round 
and despite the refs, the road, the bullshit, and their own mistakes, still played their asses off to a tough defeat in the NFCCG

The losses of the 98, 75, Super Bowl teams, were either chokes waiting to happen or getting their asses handed to them.  09 went down swinging against everything and still almost came out on top
What killed 09 was their December 09 regular season swoon...I think they lost 3 of 4 that mos. 

They do maybe 1 game better? They're hosting the Aint's for the CG instead of @ Superdome

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@Skodin said:
That was a solid team, but I think Favre distorts the quality of that roster a bit. Good OL, AD, the Williams wall, Jared Allen, Greenway, Winfield. Definitely in the running, but the receivers were weak: Berrian, Rice, Harvin. And our safeties were crap. Tyrell Johnson and Madieu Williams. 
every team has had weaknesses,  I would agree that the 09 team was the best roster since the 70s for sure,  before that I would have to defer to the old timers that were actually old enough to remember those teams in the 60s and 70s.