Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ed Ingram
Quote: @BigAl99 said:
There could be any number of ways the incident went down.  I just don't want to deal with it when following my team.  I follow sports as a distraction, If I want speculate on stuff like this I'll start watching "The Bold and The Beautiful" and see if Flo will get back in Wyatt's good graces.  Enough is enough, is there no escape!
[Image: bzb83sj6v9wr.jpg]

Quote: @minny65 said:
@Mike Olson said:
I think in this town with its history of having sex abuse and rape scandals in its sports scene you find a different player to draft. There were MANY players of equal value we could have picked there.
Yes, off draft board completely.  
Ridiculous.

1. The charges were dismissed. Vikings investigated and were satisfied with what they discovered. Do you think they're lying to justify a controversial 2nd round pick? 
2. Ingram was not yet 16 when this allegedly started. So a child himself. I hate to break it to all you church ladies out there, but if you had any idea how many sexual fumblings happens with kids of that age, you would be horrified. Many of these kids are having more sex than you are.
3. Kids lie. ALL the time. Especially in the era of social media. 

True story: A 13-year-old Iranian girl--lovely girl who's been to birthday parties at our house--started fighting with my daughter. To get back at her, she screen capped a message from one of her friends calling her a "terrorist" and edited the contact to make it look like my daughter said it. Several meetings with school officials later, she admitted what she'd done. Shit like this happens daily. You see your girlfriend/boyfriend snapping another boy/girl, you can make their lives miserable. 

True story: This fall at a Denver area high school, a freshman girl and a senior boy were caught having sex in a girl's bathroom stall. Both were expelled. Encouraged by her horrible parents, the girl accused the boy of rape. Fortunately for the boy, a very good friend of ours happened to be in a neighboring stall and heard the whole thing. And it was anything BUT a rape. What if she hadn't been there? Where would this boy's life be? And it's not just girls doing it. You see your girlfriend walking with another dude, you call her a SLUT or a THOT (look it up) on Snapchat. It's no wonder mental illness in girls this age is epidemic right now. 

I've said this before, but I despise sexual assault as much as you all do. There are not many worse things in the world. One that is worse IMO, is accusing someone of something they didn't do. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@Mike Olson said:
I think in this town with its history of having sex abuse and rape scandals in its sports scene you find a different player to draft. There were MANY players of equal value we could have picked there.
Ridiculous.

1. The charges were dismissed. Vikings investigated and were satisfied with what they discovered. Do you think they're lying to justify a controversial 2nd round pick? 
2. Ingram was not yet 16 when this allegedly started. So a child himself. I hate to break it to all you church ladies out there, but if you had any idea how many sexual fumblings happens with kids of that age, you would be horrified. Many of these kids are having more sex than you are.

True story: A 13-year-old Iranian girl--lovely girl who's been to birthday parties at our house--started fighting with my daughter. To get back at her, she screen capped a message from one of her friends calling her a "terrorist" and edited the contact to make it look like my daughter said it. Several meetings with school officials later, she admitted what she'd done. Shit like this happens daily. You see your girlfriend/boyfriend snapping another boy/girl, you can make their lives miserable. 

True story: This fall at a Denver area high school, a freshman girl and a senior boy were caught having sex in a girl's bathroom stall. Both were expelled. Encouraged by her horrible parents, the girl accused the boy of rape. Fortunately for the boy, a very good friend of ours happened to be in a neighboring stall and heard the whole thing. And it was anything BUT a rape. What if she hadn't been there? Where would this boy's life be? And it's not just girls doing it. You see your girlfriend walking with another dude, you call her a SLUT or a THOT (look it up) on Snapchat. It's no wonder mental illness in girls this age is epidemic right now. 

I've said this before, but I despise sexual assault as much as you all do. There are not many worse things in the world. One that is worse IMO, is accusing someone of something they didn't do. 
Ridiculous for you but not for me.

We are talking about a draft pick to play football for you organization which is in the entertainment business.  I would take anyone off my draft list with those allegations and then sealed court documents.  But that is just me in that situation.  Anything child sex related even if just allegations (sorry but true for me) is a big "no" for me if I was hiring someone and I certainly would not include them in my hiring pool if I even knew.  I know legally that is a no, no but it is my business, or in this case football team and I just don't even have him in my hiring pool.  

I am coming from the Court of Opinion for my business/team not a Court of Law.  

Quote: @minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@Mike Olson said:
Ridiculous.

We are talking about a draft pick to play football for you organization which is in the entertainment business.  I would take anyone off my draft list with those allegations and then sealed court documents.  But that is just me in that situation.  Anything child sex related even if just allegations (sorry but true for me) is a big "no" for me if I was hiring someone and I certainly would not include them in my hiring pool if I even knew.  I know legally that is a no, no but it is my business, or in this case football team and I just don't even have him in my hiring pool.  

So what I'm hearing is that whether he's guilty or innocent is irrelevant to you. The only thing that matters (to your business) is that he was accused.  A presumption of guilt until proven innocent, is that it?

It's your business. You can do what you want with it. But it sounds a bit un-American to me. 

Quote: @MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@minny65 said:
@Mike Olson said:
Ridiculous.

So what I'm hearing is that whether he's guilty or innocent is irrelevant to you. The only thing that matters (to your business) is that he was accused.  A presumption of guilt until proven innocent, is that it?

It's your business. You can do what you want with it. But it sounds a bit un-American to me. 
Yes, that is right.  I would not hire this candidate to work for me in my business just based on the accusations of child sexual crimes of any kind.  Just being honest.  Is that un-American?  It's my American small business and I am employer at will.  But even in the hiring screening (like a draft) I find out about child sexual allegations somehow their paperwork/application gets misplaced by my ditzy secretary which is also me.  

A second round Guard should start immediately.  Question I have is whether he was a reach because of the tape, or because of the "character issues".  If you reach that high in the draft for a guy with red flags like this, the upside needs to be huge.  If he flames out as a player or gets into trouble, what a huge strike against KAM.