Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flowers to visit???
Bradbury’s strength isn’t an issue. You can see on tape his strength is excellent when his technique is good. The problem is his set is so damn inconsistent. His overall technique in pass blocking is all over the place. It’s really frustrating to watch. Can the coaches fix it? I can see them thinking they can, but he’s made it difficult to believe.

With all that said, Bradbury is absolutely elite in some areas. On the move he can be exceptional and his athletic ability is in my opinion near the top for the position. I’d give him a year with the new staff. If he can’t iron out those technique issues, it’s time to move on. I’m hopeful he can, because he’d be a damn good center if he’d get it fixed.

Quote: @Havoc1649 said:
Bradbury’s strength isn’t an issue. You can see on tape his strength is excellent when his technique is good. The problem is his set is so damn inconsistent. His overall technique in pass blocking is all over the place. It’s really frustrating to watch. Can the coaches fix it? I can see them thinking they can, but he’s made it difficult to believe.

With all that said, Bradbury is absolutely elite in some areas. On the move he can be exceptional and his athletic ability is in my opinion near the top for the position. I’d give him a year with the new staff. If he can’t iron out those technique issues, it’s time to move on. I’m hopeful he can, because he’d be a damn good center if he’d get it fixed.
I agree with this, personally I think they should move him to RG since it fixes a lot of the flaws with his set. When he is snapping the ball at center he is taking a balanced or drop-step to set and anchor. His base is wildly inconsistent to your point. At RG you mitigate that a big since you're either moving forward which keeps your balance or taking a drop-set in pass protection which he's generally better at. You also are able to maintain his upside on pulls down the field. It just seems like he would play better there. 

I expect that Bradbury will have his best year.  I do not know how much better but he has to.

It's a contract year.

Quote: @purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" What are the chances if the Vikes trade down into the 20s and pick up another second rounder that they take Linderbaum? In this scenario I'm assuming their top 3 corners are gone. We have talked a lot about their first pick being DE, DL or CB, but curious if you have heard anything different.
I don't think they'll take Linderbaum even if they trade back. The new coaching staff thinks they can get more out of Bradbury with a few schematic adjustments. 
There does seem to be some support for the idea that his problems are more scheme and technique related than size and strength. 
I dont know how much I can buy into that or not...

Its asking me as a fan to take a really big leap that this coaching staff is x% smarter than the previous one...

Maybe it is? We'll find out. 

technically they would have to be smarter than the last 2 OL coaches and 3 OCs.  Thats a lot of people with a lot of years around football that werent able to untie GBs roller skates.

Quote: @Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@MaroonBells said:
@purplefaithful said:
@MaroonBells said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@Hawkvike25 said:
@"Geoff Nichols" What are the chances if the Vikes trade down into the 20s and pick up another second rounder that they take Linderbaum? In this scenario I'm assuming their top 3 corners are gone. We have talked a lot about their first pick being DE, DL or CB, but curious if you have heard anything different.
I don't think they'll take Linderbaum even if they trade back. The new coaching staff thinks they can get more out of Bradbury with a few schematic adjustments. 
There does seem to be some support for the idea that his problems are more scheme and technique related than size and strength. 
I dont know how much I can buy into that or not...

Its asking me as a fan to take a really big leap that this coaching staff is x% smarter than the previous one...

Maybe it is? We'll find out. 

This refers to that anonymous OL "expert" on twitter who claimed that the Vikings IOL problems were 100% technique related. I suspect it was Mike Tice, but who knows. 

But here's what maybe gives it a little bit of credence. The notion that Bradbury is small is just a myth. He's 10 pounds heavier than Jason Kelce, Corey Linsley and most other zone centers.  He's also strong, finishing in the 93rd percentile in strength numbers at the combine. 

I figured he was a trade candidate, but the Vikings might have other ideas. If you can fix his anchor, you might something. 
Strength at the combine is bench though...not what is the most important which is knees to core, meaning your squat and hang clean. Sure, having a nice bench amount is good to know, but you gotta have the lower body and core strength to keep pressure away. I have no idea what his marks are, but it sure seems like a strength thing to me.
I'm aware of that. But you can be the biggest, strongest beast on the field, but if you take a bad set that compromises your leverage, you're going to get bowled over by big nose tackles. I'm no OL coach, so I don't know what his problem is, just surmising based on what we've been hearing. 
Right, I'm just stating we have no idea how strong he really is based on the areas where OL need to be the strongest. The combine should switch to squat and/or hang clean for OL instead of bench. 
the combine as we know it should just go away.  make them do the drills in full pads and helmets,  make the strength test doing actual football type work instead of lifting weight.  I think the biggest value of the combine is likely the interviews and medicals, the measurables are pretty much a joke IMO.