Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...Stingley
Quote: @"pattersaur" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"Hawkvike25" said:
38.5 inch vert and ran a 4.37. Bet that changes folks' Big Boards and Mock Drafts

I'm thinking him and Sauce will both be off the board now. But hey, at least we won a meaningless game against the Bears in the last game that would have put us right in that mix from a draft position standpoint for both of those players. I'm so tired of the Vikings doing that shit. Thinking if there's a top player that might fall now it's probably Hamilton. 
2 fricking years in a row they pulled that shit... that alone is why zim and spielman should have been fired sooner IMO.

I blame the Wilfs. I admire their enthusiasm and always believing we are in the mix, but at some point you have to take control of the organization and order what you believe to be in the best interest of the franchise. Zimmer was a lame duck coach and they should have told him to play ALL the rookies, start Mond, and sit Jefferson and any pertinent players. Ridiculous to have Cousins out there slinging it in a meaningless game against a decimated Bears team. Lose that game and we are probably picking 7th or 8th instead of 12th. 
I think we’d have been picking 10th. Also JJ wanted his record and it would have been good to see Mond throwing to him, but I agree with everything else you and Jimmy said. Keeping Zim arouns til the end of the year out of respect seems even more odd now, with all of the reports that have come out once the season was over. Not saying trash the guy on his way out the door but it was in the best interest of the team to move on sooner. 
Not saying trash the guy on his way out the door but it was in the best interest of the team to move on sooner. - I would typically agree but I felt no remorse trashing him when it was decided the starters were going to play against the Bears. I felt that if Cousins was for some reason hurt for that game he would have still played Mannion the entire game. Also, I was constantly swearing about the play calling when JJ needed 17 years to break Moss' record, a record that JJ publicly said multiple times he wanted. We were up 14 with 4 minutes to play, so the game was over and it wouldnt have mattered if we threw another pick, but we ran to Mattison, ran to Nwangwu, ran with Mattison again, and then took a knee. I think that was a true testament to how little Zimmer cared about his players at the end of the season.

Quote: @"Kentis" said:
 @"Hawkvike25" said:

38.5 inch vert and ran a 4.37. Bet that changes folks' Big Boards and Mock Drafts
Stingley looked healthy in the drills too, no way he’s there at 12 now… 

Honestly, I don't think there was ever a question about whether or not he was healthy....now. The question surrounding Stingley is about his toughness, effort, tackling ability. If he drops, that will be why, not whatever injury concerns teams have.