Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Mock Draft 3.0
Quote: @"MaroonBells" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Barr would fit well rotationally as an insurance policy for our two outside backers who’ve had recent injuries. What I doubt will work out is the money. I expect he’ll want much more than the Vikes can offer. 
Agree. Unless his knee is chronic (and it might be), Barr is still a top level starter in this league. The Vikings can't offer him that. It just doesn't add up.

I sorta feel the same way about Peterson. Not on Barr's level, but still probably worth more on the market than the Vikings would be willing to spend. But this one is a lot closer than Barr. Vikings are probably offering him one of those "end-of-career" contracts and he wants something close to what he got last year. And that's not going to happen. 
No, no he is not. At best, he is an average starter in this league. All stats, including advanced stats say he is overatted AF. We bet on Barr and lost the bet. Move on

Quote: @"Hawkvike25" said:
@"MaroonBells" said:
@"Havoc1649" said:
Barr would fit well rotationally as an insurance policy for our two outside backers who’ve had recent injuries. What I doubt will work out is the money. I expect he’ll want much more than the Vikes can offer. 
Agree. Unless his knee is chronic (and it might be), Barr is still a top level starter in this league. The Vikings can't offer him that. It just doesn't add up.

I sorta feel the same way about Peterson. Not on Barr's level, but still probably worth more on the market than the Vikings would be willing to spend. But this one is a lot closer than Barr. Vikings are probably offering him one of those "end-of-career" contracts and he wants something close to what he got last year. And that's not going to happen. 
No, no he is not. At best, he is an average starter in this league. All stats, including advanced stats say he is overatted AF. We bet on Barr and lost the bet. Move on
Disagree. Obviously. His knee is the biggest factor going forward. He could be done. 

But if he's healthy, he's going to be a helluva pick up for someone. His talent was always clouded in Zimmer's scheme because he was so often asked to sacrifice tackles/sacks for gap discipline. 

Quote: @"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Are the QB's just not that good this year?  I know everyone says weak class.  The highlight reels certainly don't say terrible.  We have 7ish QB needy teams ahead of us and they're ALL going to pass on either Willis or Pickett, and/or no one is going to trade up for one of them?
Honestly if both QBs are on the board, why not get our future QB?  But end of the day, someone is trading up. 
I don't think any of the top prospects in this draft class would be ranked ahead of last year's class of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Jones.

Rookie QBs are always in demand these days and get overdrafted, but I'd be leery of taking any of the guys in the first 20 picks.  Willis has intriguing upside, but he if came out last year...  I would have taken Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Mac Jones, and Fields ahead of him.
I know I told you Willis would be behind Jones but I think maybe the consensus in the league may be moving. I think Willis may be behind Fields but ahead of Jones at this point. Pickett would still be behind Jones. The issue with Mac Jones is he lacks elite upside. Good QB, but can he be great? Willis has a lot of risks but the upside is similar to Josh Allen. 
Have you watched Will Levis yet? 
Yes. He has a lot of potential but I am not ready to tab him as a top 15 pick next year quite yet. He'd fit nice in any offense that runs PA but he needs to operate better under pressure this upcoming season. His mechanics break-down and he holds the ball when he feels pressure. He can get away with it due to his athleticism in college but he'll take sacks in the NFL. Other area of improvement would be his tempo on balls 20+ yards down the field. He has a great arm but waits to guys to come wide open vs. open. Not too worried about that since he throws with good anticipation in other areas. 

Quote: @"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:
Are the QB's just not that good this year?  I know everyone says weak class.  The highlight reels certainly don't say terrible.  We have 7ish QB needy teams ahead of us and they're ALL going to pass on either Willis or Pickett, and/or no one is going to trade up for one of them?
Honestly if both QBs are on the board, why not get our future QB?  But end of the day, someone is trading up. 
I don't think any of the top prospects in this draft class would be ranked ahead of last year's class of Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Fields, and Jones.

Rookie QBs are always in demand these days and get overdrafted, but I'd be leery of taking any of the guys in the first 20 picks.  Willis has intriguing upside, but he if came out last year...  I would have taken Lawrence, Wilson, Lance, Mac Jones, and Fields ahead of him.
I know I told you Willis would be behind Jones but I think maybe the consensus in the league may be moving. I think Willis may be behind Fields but ahead of Jones at this point. Pickett would still be behind Jones. The issue with Mac Jones is he lacks elite upside. Good QB, but can he be great? Willis has a lot of risks but the upside is similar to Josh Allen. 
Yes. He has a lot of potential but I am not ready to tab him as a top 15 pick next year quite yet. He'd fit nice in any offense that runs PA but he needs to operate better under pressure this upcoming season. His mechanics break-down and he holds the ball when he feels pressure. He can get away with it due to his athleticism in college but he'll take sacks in the NFL. Other area of improvement would be his tempo on balls 20+ yards down the field. He has a great arm but waits to guys to come wide open vs. open. Not too worried about that since he throws with good anticipation in other areas. 
I think the biggest thing college QBs struggle with in the transition to the NFL is pressure and full-field progressions.  Ideally, you'd like to see tape of a QB who gets a lot of pressure, but manages it, navigates the pocket, creates time and space, eyes downfield. And throws accurately off schedule. I think Levis does this as well as any QB in next year's class. He might take off a little too much, but he's a helluva runner. 

I'm not ready to rank the 23 QBs yet, but you watch a guy like CJ Stroud, you see elite arm talent, but every time he drops back he has five minutes to throw and his receivers are open by 10 yards. Typical OSU tape. Not saying Stroud can't do the things above, but you'd like to see it a couple of times. 

And the other guy, Bryce Young. This guy is so small. He's listed at 6-0, but I think that's a gift from the Tide media guide. Good player though. 

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

I think the biggest thing college QBs struggle with in the transition to the NFL is pressure and full-field progressions.  Ideally, you'd like to see tape of a QB who gets a lot of pressure, but manages it, navigates the pocket, creates time and space, eyes downfield. And throws accurately off schedule. I think Levis does this as well as any QB in next year's class. He might take off a little too much, but he's a helluva runner. 

I'm not ready to rank the 23 QBs yet, but you watch a guy like CJ Stroud, you see elite arm talent, but every time he drops back he has five minutes to throw and his receivers are open by 10 yards. Typical OSU tape. Not saying Stroud can't do the things above, but you'd like to see it a couple of times. 

And the other guy, Bryce Young. This guy is so small. He's listed at 6-0, but I think that's a gift from the Tide media guide. Good player though. 

Same things were said about Russell Wilson when he was a Badger...Bryce Young is a special player from a factory that turns em out daily. 

@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"JustinTime18™" said:
@"Geoff Nichols" said:
@"Wetlander" said:
@"AGRforever" said:

All comes down to traits at the end of the day. I am not trying to bag on Levis too hard but the progression/pressure take it benchmarking for what you'd expect from a college QB. Some of his SEC tape was not good. I watched the bowl game vs. Iowa, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana-Monroe. 

I'll leave it at he needs to take another step to be the player most are making him out to be now. Heck, even it he doesn't progress NFL teams are going to want to see him play at last years level for more than a single season.