Quote: @"JimmyinSD" said:
@"jargomcfargo" said:
@"JimmyinSD" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Per Zulgad...the Panthers have called the Vikings inquiring about Cousins 

And the Vikings should listen lol! 

They'll get more than one call I'm sure. Its that time of year....

Does Sam Darnold, the 6th pick, and a conditional 2nd next next with the possibility of raising to a 1st get it done? 
I want 2 firsts in next years draft if we move off Cousins it has to have a first round in next years draft included so we have the ammo to move into the top tier of picks.  Likely would have to include our 24 first rounder as well if we are towards the higher end of our typical 12-24 draft position.
Would you give 2 first round picks to bring Cousins to the Vikings if they didn't have him already? The only way I see that happening is if they pay his entire salary to get someone to take him. Essentially paying for picks and going all in on the best rookie QB out there this year or next.
Pretty good chance we see Cousins in purple for another year. I hope they don't repeat their mistake and extend him for 3 more.
They believe Cousins can take them to the promise land if they put the right pieces around him. I believe that is possible. But I prefer letting him play out his contract. If it works he will be worth the high price in the future.
If not, move on.
If I believed that we had the OL that would give his cement feet a chance,  a defense that is SB ready,   depth for a run and the cap space to do it,  sure.  But this team has none of those things,  if another GM thinks his is worth the price,  imo it would be foolish not to make that move before our young skill players get to old to build around.  I dont think it happens with Kirk before he's to old to get it done.
I'm on the same page as you.

Quote: @"supafreak84" said:
@"purplefaithful" said:
@"supafreak84" said:
Per Zulgad...the Panthers have called the Vikings inquiring about Cousins 

And the Vikings should listen lol! 

They'll get more than one call I'm sure. Its that time of year....

Does Sam Darnold, the 6th pick, and a conditional 2nd next next with the possibility of raising to a 1st get it done? 
That might be the Vikings' wish list, but I don't think Carolina would go quite that high.  This year's 2nd, Darnold, and next year's 1 maybe.